Chapter 10.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

Lance sat on his bed, a frown on his lips as his eyebrows furrowed together. 

Pidge did come take some of his blood but then she left again. 

No side comments, no smiles or teasing, not a single word given to him apart from the professional words she had to give when taking his blood and stopping the bleeding.

She wouldn't even look at him, she kept her eyes fixed on her task and kept her head low when walking away. 

He was sure she was even more harsher when adding the needle in his arm, he felt more pain then he normally did and he delt with her during one of her moods. 

She was clearly upset over something and he had a awful feeling he did something. 

He just wasn't sure what he did or how he should try making up with her. 

"You are one huge fool" Keith sighed as he leaned in the doorway making Lance head snap up and look towards him. 

"I know .. wait, do you know why I am" Lance agreed before perking up with slight hope since he knew Keith and Pidge was close and talked all the time.

"No clue, I've always seen you as a dumbass. Pointing out a single reason would be impossible by now but she was fine leaving the break room and then she saw you. Your clearly the reason" Keith replied as he crossed his arms over his chest, looking Lance over like he was a suspect.

"I don't know what I did. All I was doing was standing in my boxes by the wall since Allura finished scanning me with the old scanner. She really was just congratulating me over my promotion, she even gave me a kiss on the cheek since I'm no longer chasing after her skirt like a sad puppy. She noticed I've changed a little and thought I was crushing on someone" Lance explained with rosy cheeks as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

"And Pidge saw you being kissed .. right?" Keith sighed as he had a feeling and now made sense of his friend mood swings. 

"Yeah, she did walk in as Allura kissed my cheek. I noticed her straight away and called out since I wanted to see her but then when I met with her eyes I remembered how she sent me of my mission" Lance mumbled back slightly embarrassed as the memory flashed back in his mind.

"You are truly an idiot and it seems Pidge is catching your stupid" Keith sighed, rubbing his temple a little. 

"Are you here just to make me feel worse or what" Lance huffed back as he crossed his arms, glaring slightly towards his rival. 

"I'm engaged to Matt, have been for a year now but I couldn't tell anyone apart from his family and Shiro. I love him, I have for most of my life and when I failed at confessed making him kiss me to prove he felt the same. I'm a fighter pilot and Matt is an important scientist to the Garrison, we can't be known otherwise the Garrison enemies could use one of us to gain something from the Garrison. Threaten one of us or kidnap one of us and demand something from the other or they kill our other half. I love my job as much as Matt loves his job but we also love each other and it comes at a price of not letting others find out about us" Keith spoke up in a small voice with a gentle smile on his lips while his eyes held pain within them.

"Matt" Lance asked, tilting his head to the side like an confused idiot. He was sure he heard the name before but couldn't think where.

"Holt" Keith answered, rolling his eyes as Lance froze up.

"M-Matthew Holt as in Pidge big brother" Lance whispered yelled back in shock.

"Yep, I love him and for some reason he learnt to love me back. We can't let others know but that doesn't stop us from being happy. In other words, don't give up when you still hold a chance" Keith explained with a slight smirk before leaving the room and heading back to his room for the last hours of his quarantine before Matt would secretly pick him up and take him home.