1. Arrangements

It was the first day of summer vacation. Denki Kaminari and his best friend Hitoshi Shinso were sitting on the floor of Denki's dorm room, planning out what they'd do with all of their free time. Denki awkwardly fidgeted with the sleeves of his rainbow striped hoodie. He wanted to ask Hitoshi to stay with him all summer, but he was afraid that would sound selfish. He knew Shinso had no contact with his family, and he wanted to offer for him to stay in his dorm with him, but thoughts like What if he already has someone to stay with? What if he thinks I have an ulterior motive? Stayed in his mind.

"Is everything alright?" Shinso asked, waving a hand in front of Denki's face, as he appeared zoned out.

"Oh, uh, mhm! Sorry, just thinking" Denki said. His fidgeting became worse

"About what? You seem agitated?" Shinso asked and tilted his head, his purple hair swishing slightly.

"Well.. It's just," Denki looked away. "Do you wanna hang out this week? And.. Maybe the week after that? Like maybe the whole summer?"

Shinso chuckled. "That's what made you so nervous?"

"Well I thought it would sound selfish," Denki said, looking back at him.

"Well it turns out I have nowhere to go this summer, mind if I stay with you?" Shinso asked.

Hitoshi's parents weren't around anymore. He usually stayed with friends for a few days, jumping from friend's house to friend's house.

"Of course, dude!" Denki nodded rapidly. "Stay as long as you want!"

Hitoshi gave him a warm smile, which was a bit uncommon for him. Denki's face lit up a bright pink, and he started looking around the room and fidgeting with the sleeves of his slightly oversized hoodie again.

"Kaminari? Are.. You okay?" Hitoshi raised an eyebrow.

Denki nodded and gave him an awkward grin. "Y-yeah-" he stuttered quietly.

He was usually really laid back, but sometimes his best friend made him nervous; his tired yet beautiful face, how piercing his stare was, how soft his hair was, sometimes it was too much. He calmed down, and cleared his throat.

"So, since you're staying here, we should probably get your things," Denki said.

Shinso stood up and walked over to his backpack that he had left by the door. He unzipped it and pulled out his uniform, some of his hero gear, his school supplies, two extra changes of clothes, and a small blanket. He unzipped another compartment, and took out his toothbrush, paste, hairbrush, and other hygienic care things. He laid them out on the floor.

"It's all here." Hitoshi said flatly.

"Oh- uh- sorry I didn't mean to assume you had more-" Denki said as he facepalmed, embarrassed.

He knew his situation wasn't really ideal, but he didn't know how bad it was exactly.

Shinso smiled. "Kami, it's cool." Shinso said as he sat back down across from Denki. he smiled as he stiffly patted him on the head.

Denki looked up from his hands and saw him smiling at him.

You only smile at me..

Shinso thought for a moment.

"Where am I gonna sleep-" He asked.

Denki and him both looked at his bed, then back at each other, then they each looked away awkwardly, their faces both a light pink.

Denki coughed. "You can have my bed, i can sleep on the floor" he offered.

"For the whole summer? Nah. How about we switch every night?" Shinso said.

"Sure, that works! I have a sleeping bag in the closet along with an extra pillow," Denki pointed to his closet.

. . .

The night rolled around, and after playing video games until 10, Shinso grew more tired.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to sleep. You should too" he said.

"Do you need pyjamas?" Denki asked.

"Nah man. I just need sleep." Shinso said with a chuckle.

"Kay then. You Get the bed first," Denki said.

Shinso walked over to his bed and plopped down on it. He covered himself in Denki's blankets.

Denki set up the sleeping bag, and climbed inside. He was almost immediately fast asleep.

Shinso was completely immersed in his blankets. He was somewhat comforted by the scent of his best friend on the sheets. He hugged the pillow close to his face.

This smells like his conditioner.. It's really nice. Wait stop it that's so fucking creepy! I wonder if he's comfortable..

Shinso peeked over the edge of the bed and saw Denki asleep and snuggled up under his blanket, snoring softly, so softly that it was barely snoring and more so just heavy breathing. Shinso slowly crept out of bed and walked quietly over to him. He knelt down over his face. Denki could feel him staring, and he woke up. He flung his arm to where he was, accidentally smacking him on the side of his head out of fear.

"Ouch.." Shinso rubbed his head

Denki was hyperventilating, his fist still in the air. "S-shinso?! Oh shit!"

He lowered his fist and sat up. "Dude, I'm so sorry!"

Shinso chuckled. "It's alright. Really I should apologise, i uh.. Had to charge my phone but I was being inconsiderate. I'm sorry"

"Oh.. It's okay!" Denki said, a bit disappointed that's all it was, but still forced a smile. "Where's your cable I can just charge it while I sleep"

Shinso fumbled for his cable and pulled his phone out of his pocket. He handed them to Denki. "I lost the block,"

"That's alright" Denki smiled and took the cable from him. "Plug that part in," Denki said and pointed to the part that connects to the phone.

Shinso did as he was told. Denki put the other end in his mouth.

"Goodnight" Denki said, he sounded a bit funny talking with the charger in his mouth.

"Night. don't overdo it, 'Kay?" Shinso said with a smile.

Denki nodded and fell back asleep, and Shinso stood over him a bit longer. Denki was on his side, faced away from him. Shinso got really close to the back of his head.

"I can feel you breathing on me.." Denki said, half asleep.

"Sorry" Hitoshi chuckled, and crawled back in Denki's bed.