Chapter 12

Back in Mystic Falls, since it was still the middle of the night, all the wolves were locked in the transition cells and the rest of the students were in their rooms asleep. Landon woke up with a start, he rushed to pull on a T-shirt, as he only slept in a pair of shorts, and hurried out of his room and towards the headmaster's office. Alaric was sat at his desk, anxiously waiting for Caroline's phone call, and looked up at Landon confused.

"Hope's in trouble!" The phoenix announces breathless from running all the way from the dorms.

The words rang through Alaric's mind, if Landon was right and Hope was in trouble, then it would explain why Caroline hadn't called him yet. "How do you know?" The teacher asks.

"I saw it, I don't know how, but I saw it," Landon rambles.

"What did you see?" Alaric questions, leading the young boy towards a chair and sitting next to him.

"I was asleep, but it wasn't a dream, it felt too real to be a dream. She was chained to a wall with Caroline, Josie and Lizzie's mom, and there were two other people, an older woman with long brown hair and a guy about my age with blonde hair. I think Caroline called them Roman and Ann-something. The woman said something about binding Hope, the way they did to her mom," Landon explains. "What does that mean? Are they going to kill her?"

"Binding a hybrid – or in this case a tribrid – means to take away their ability to turn into a wolf. I'm going to wake the girls and grab Kaleb and MG. we need to get to Hope before they perform that spell, you should change," Alaric tells him and begins making his way upstairs.

Half an hour later, the twin siphon witches, and two vampires stood in the library, very confused about why they had been woken up at one in the morning with the instructions to get dressed and wait in the library. Landon had also gotten changed and was pacing the floor, waiting for Alaric to come back with a plan.

When the teacher entered the room, he was followed by Sheriff Donovan who carried a duffle bag. "What is going on? Why are we all up?" Lizzie asks her dad, looking exhausted, "and why's Matt here?"

"Hope's in trouble," Alaric reveals. "Caroline isn't answering her phone, so we need to go and help them. Roman Sienna's older sister has them and she wants to bind Hope's wolf side, so we have to get to them quick. Matt's here to loan us some weapons."

"I got crossbows, stakes and guns with wooden bullets soaked in vervain," Matt places the bag on a nearby table and unzips it.

"Rebekah, Kol, Marcel and Davina are going to meet us at a house they have in the city. We're leaving in five minutes, so grab everything you need, and we'll meet by the main entrance," Alaric orders.

They all disperse quickly, rushing off to their rooms to grab what they'd need before meeting back downstairs and squeezing into Dr. Saltzman's car, Kaleb had called shotgun, Lizzie had volunteered to sit in the back and made MG sit next to her, so she could use him as a pillow, leaving Landon and Josie in the middle row of seats, both of them too anxious to make conversation. Landon remained silent, listening to the music Kaleb had put on and watching the road in front of them, until his eyes glazed over, and he felt like he was no longer in his own body.

Hope sat against the wall, watching Caroline try to break the links that held their chains to the brick with her vampire strength, like she had been doing for over half an hour, "Caroline, they're spelled!" She yells, feeling stressed, "we don't have any powers," she reminds her, "there's no way we can get out of this without any help."

"I know, but we can't just do nothing," Caroline defends herself, "if they do this spell, the only way we know how to reverse it is to drain a doppelganger of their blood and that's Elena, one of my best friends, we can't do that."