Chapter 16

Before her first day back at school, Hope spent the night in her dorm with Landon's arms wrapped around her. Freya and Davina had helped her bring her things back to school the previous afternoon, before they went back to New Orleans and San Francisco, Rebekah and Marcel had decided to stay in Mystic Falls for a few more weeks since Hope needed more training and Marcel was the best person to help her.

The newly turned tribrid had woken up at 5:30 that morning, an hour earlier than she would have not even two weeks ago, she knew word had spread about her transition and everyone was talking about her, which was something she hated before but now she could hear what they all said even from the other side of the school, and it made it all so much worse. After waking up, Hope laid in bed for a few extra minutes enjoying having Landon so close, before standing up and making her way towards the bathroom, she spent an extra ten minutes in the shower than she had to, just standing under the hot spray of water. When she went back into the bedroom to grab her hair dryer, she found Landon was still fast asleep and he still was even after she had dried her hair and wrapped herself in a satin robe.

Hope felt reluctant to wake him but knew that he had to get ready for the day before they could go down for breakfast together and even if the mini fridge filled with bags of human blood that she now had installed in her room was enough for her, Landon couldn't survive by drinking blood and could get annoyed easily when he was hungry. She moved to sit on the edge of the bed and began moving her hand up and down his arm, to wake him gently, he roused slowly and with a groan, blinking tiredly.

Hope smiled softly, enjoying the way he looks after first waking up. Unable to resist she leaned down and pressed her lips against his before whispering quietly, "morning," she kisses him again and sits up straight. "You should probably get up if you want breakfast before class."

"No," Landon grumbles and pulls on her wrist, so she falls against him, Hope lets out a giggle as she pushes herself up onto her elbow.

"Come on," she tells him seriously, "we can't be late for class."

"Okay," he sits up and looks around sleepily, "I'm going to shower," he kisses her quickly and makes his way into her bathroom, leaving Hope alone to finish getting ready.

They went down to the dining hall together and Hope pulled him towards the table the twins were sitting at while also avoiding the looks the rest of the students were throwing her way. When Lizzie spotted her, she jumped up to hug her tightly, "I have missed you so much," the blonde tells her happily.

"I missed you both too," Hope says as she leans over the table to hug Josie.

"A lot has happened," Josie pulls away with a smile.

"Like what?" Hope asks curiously.

"Like MG and Lizzie," Josie smirks while looking at her sister who had turned red.

"Seriously!" Hope turns to look at Lizzie in shock, "how did that happen?"

After returning from the airport, Lizzie went up to her room to unpack the duffle bag she had taken with her and then went to grab dinner with Josie, knowing that both of her parents were still busy with the Mikaelsons. The dining hall was almost empty as the kitchen staff would soon be finishing for the day, so it was just the two sisters.

"So, what do I say to him?" Lizzie asked her sister who sat across from her, "it's not like I can just go up to him and admit I have feelings for him."

"Why not?" Josie raised an eyebrow, "everyone knows that he has feelings for you."

"But what if he doesn't?" Lizzie question, her insecurity showing.