Chapter 6

As the morning sun began streaming through the blinds, Hope was woken up by the feeling of soft kisses being trailed lazily up and down her neck, she blinks confused for a moment before the memories of the previous night come rushing back and a smile crosses her face.

"Morning," Landon whispers against his girlfriend's neck as he pulls her closer, so her back is pressed against his chest.

"Morning," Hope repeats back to him, running her hand up the arm he had draped across her stomach.

Landon didn't respond, instead he buried his head in the crook of her and started to dose off.

"No, you can't fall asleep like that," Hope tells him and nudges his head gently, "I need a shower."

"Fine, but can we at least get breakfast first?" Landon asks.

"No, I need a shower," the tribrid reiterates, turning around to face her boyfriend.

"Come on," Landon pouts, "after last night you have to be hungry."

"After last night, I really need a shower," Hope smiles before her stomach rumbles loudly. "Okay, maybe I am hungry," she admits, "I'm gonna go put something on, you should do the same before we go down there."

Hope climbs out of the bed and makes her way into the closet. She pulls on some shorts and an oversized T-shirt, before quickly brushing her hair. She didn't know if her aunts would be downstairs already or not, but she knew if they were, she didn't want to go down there with sex hair. When she went back out into the bedroom, she found Landon sat on his phone at the edge of the bed, dressed in a pair of sweatpants, he had left the last time he stayed over, and his T-shirt from the night before.

"Come on, let's go eat before I starve to death," Hope says as she grabs her phone out of the jacket, she had worn the previous day.

The two of them make their way down the stairs and into the kitchen, where they find Keelin and Freya making breakfast together. "Good morning," the blonde looks up from the fruit she's cutting up.

"Morning," Hope greets before pointing to the glass bowl, the fruit was being put in, "where did you find that?"

"The back of one of the cabinets," Freya points to a cabinet in the corner of the room.

"Okay, I'm starting to realise I don't know what half the stuff in this house is," Hope nods, looking around the room. "Now, what are you making and are you planning on sharing, because we're starving."

"I'm making waffles, Freya is cutting up the fruit and yes there is enough for you two," Keelin replies, smiling over at her niece and Landon.

"Also, there was a box outside the front door when we woke up, I put it over there," Freya nods over to the corner of the room where a large box sat.

Hope furrows her brow, confused as she goes to grab the box. She places the package on the kitchen island and grabs a knife to cut open the tape, before removing the tissue paper off the top to reveal a note. 'Try this on and send me a picture, I'll visit soon and if you don't like it, we'll go shopping for something else. I love you. -Aunt Bex.' When she's finished reading the card, she moves it to one side and pulls out a dress.

"That's so pretty," Freya gasps.

The dress was a deep maroon colour, the perfect shade for a winter wedding even if it was going to be sunny in New Orleans, it was strapless, made of chiffon and stopped just below the knee with silver beading around the waist.

"You should try it on, before Rebekah starts blowing up your phone," Keelin points out, handing the card back to Hope.

"I will," Hope nods as she puts the dress back in the box, "but first, I need food and a shower."

"Good, because these are done," Keelin places two plates of waffles in front of the teenagers with some silverware and pushes the bowl of fruit into the centre of the island.

When they have all finished eating, Hope and Landon both go upstairs to get ready for the day, the tribrid quickly stopping at the room her aunts had claimed to leave some towels from them before handing one to her boyfriend and making her way into her own bathroom. She smiles at her reflection in the mirror, the memories of the previous night coming to the front of her mind. She could still feel the stickiness of the dry sweat on her skin and in her hair and although she was happy that her skin wasn't covered in marks that her aunts or friends would be able to see, a small part of her wished she did have one, so she could at least have a physical reminder that would last a few days. Hope shook the thoughts out of her head, before stepping under the hot spray of the shower.

When she has finished, Hope wraps a large towel around her body and uses a smaller one to dry her hair as she walks into the bedroom, freezing when she sees Landon in the middle of the room putting his belt on.

"Please tell me no one could see them when you had your T-shirt on," Hope says pointing to the two hickeys he had. One was easy to hide, sitting just below his collarbone, but the other lay on the joint where his neck met his shoulder.

Landon rushes into Hope's closet so he can get a look at the marks in the mirror. "Crap!" He curses. "Matt is going to kill us."

"You can't let him see those!" Hope tells her boyfriend, "He'll go into overprotective dad mode and try to give us both the talk. I've had the talk twice now and it is not fun."

"You can't blame me for this," Landon fires back playfully, "you're the one who put these there."

"Fine it was my fault, but the one on your collarbone can be hidden by your shirt," the tribrid points out tracing the marks with her fingers, "and I think I can cover this one on your neck with some make up, if you'll let me."

"Well it's that, or be killed, and I know from experience that dying is not fun."

"Great, I'll get dressed that sort that," she says pushing Landon out of the closet, so she could put some clothes on.

"We're lucky that we're the same shade," Hope points out, now dressed in jeans and a thin T-shirt, straddling her boyfriend's waist as she blends the makeup into his neck.

"Yeah, but what do I do tomorrow when you're not there to cover it up?" Landon asks, holding onto Hope's waist so she doesn't fall back.

"Well, you'll be at home, so I'm sure you'll be able to find a shirt that will cover it," Hope smiles.

"You're right, but I hope you've learned something from this," Landon jokes.

"Are you talking about how next time I should leave the hickeys somewhere lower?" Hope smirks, placing the makeup on the vanity table behind her.

"Yes, that would be great," Landon laughs before he feels his phone go off in his back pocket. He wraps an arm around Hope's waist, holding her tight to his body, as he lifts himself up slightly so he can grab the device. "Matt's on his way, he'll be here in five."

"You should probably put a shirt on then," Hope tells him as she stands up and hands him his T-shirt.

Landon takes the clothing item from her and slips it on before pulling on his sneakers. When he's ready, Hope walks her boyfriend down the stairs and out onto the front porch, closing the front door behind them. "See you Thursday?" She asks, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Definitely," Landon nods, as he leans down and presses a kiss to her lips, only pulling away when Matt's car pulls up in front of them. "That's my cue."

"Okay," Hope sighs, "I love you."

"I love you too." Hope watches the car leave the driveway, before walking back into the house.

"So," Freya leans against the railing on the staircase, with a raised eyebrow. "Girls' day? Me, you and Keelin? You in?"

"Yeah, that sounds fun."