Chapter 3

*1 month later*

It has been a month since school started and Adam hasn't brought up the topic of Eros being my brother once. We only talk when we have to and my life is finally back to normal.

"Persephone!!!" My mom called down the hall.
"What???" I called back.
"Just come here." She annoyingly demanded.

I sadly shut my book and dragged my feet down the hall.

"What?" I asked dramatically.
"Enough with the attitude. I invited my co-worker over for dinner and she's bringing her kids. Today was her first day at the hospital."
"Ok, why you telling me this?"
"You need to get ready. They will be here in 1 hour." she shooed me down the hall to my room.

I quickly showered and curled my hair. I walked into my room pulling on some white skinny jeans and a mint knitted sweater. I grabbed my mint coloured converse and looked in the mirror. I look good. I walked out into the kitchen to see a stranger cooking up a storm.

"Mom!!!" I called out.
She ran in wearing a grey formal dress. She had heels on and her blonde hair was curled. She had pearl jewelry on. She very rarely dressed up, it was a nice change.

"Yes?"
"Who's that?" I asked pointing into the kitchen.
"I hired her to prepare supper. This co-worker is very high end. Are you going to get ready?" She asked.
"I am!" I smiled spinning in my outfit.
"Umm, wear a dress and heels."
"Really?"
"Yes! Please, no converse." She begged.
"I'll wear a dress, but please let me wear converse. I always wear converse. Heels are horrible!!!" I complained.

She looked at me in a way that made me shrink back into my room to change.

I pulled out a cute dress. The top was white and had a design on it. The bottom flowed out to just a couple inches above my knees. The material was a coral colour. A simple black belt wrapped around it. I sighed and walked over to a box over in the corner of my room. I opened it up and saw my small collection of shoes other than converse. I pulled out some coral coloured pumps.

I slipped them on and stood up. I wobbled a little before gaining my balance. I looked in the mirror fluffing my hair a little. I look different. I walked out into the living room. Eros was sitting talking to a teenage boy who's back was facing me. I looked around and saw my mom talking to a middle aged woman who was laughing slightly. A girl around my age was standing awkwardly by one wall. I walked over.

She had blonde/gold hair with natural curls. She was tall and thin. She was beautiful. She wore a mint green lace dress with matching heels.

"Hi!" I greeted.
"Hi, my name's Kiera." She smiled at me.
"Persephone!" I smiled back.
"It's nice to meet you. I've definitely heard your name somewhere."
"Well, it is a pretty common name." I joked.
"I know!! My brother always talks about you!!" She squealed.

This made Eros and her brother look over. I hid my face in embarrassment.

I saw Kiera wave her arms around signalling to get the guys over here.

I heard footsteps approaching but I continued to stare at the wall.

"Persephone this is my brother Adam. Adam this is Persephone." As soon as she said his name I whipped my head around to see Adam Cour standing in front of me with the same shocked expression I probably had on.

We stood awkwardly starring at each other for a couple minutes before Adam grabbed my wrist dragging me to my bedroom.

"Explain." He demanded closing the door and crossing his arms.
"Explain what?" I asked innocently as I sat on my bed.
"You know what?" He snapped.
"Oh. I right, umm, I'm kinda related to Eros by him being my kinda brother or something." I explained awkwardly, adding a little laugh at the end.