Chapter 33: To Morak

Din, Ani, Fennec, Boba, and I made our way into Boba's ship. Boba had agreed to take us to Nevarro to get some more help. Boba made his way to the cockpit, while Fennec trailed behind him, leaving Din, Ani, and me in the cargo hold of the ship. Din sat beside me on a crate. We were both silent. I was still trying to process all that had just happened.

"We're going to need more than just Cara's help." Din said, breaking the silence.

"But who else?" I questioned. "My holoprojector was destroyed along with the Razor Crest. I have no way to contact Luke or Leia."  

"I have someone in mind." He replied.

I raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

"Mayfeld..." He answered.

My eyes widened. "What?"

"Here me out-" Din began.

However I cut him off. Why in the blazes did he want Mayfeld's help? After all that he did, Din still wanted his help? I was so done with Mayfeld and the likes of him.

"No, absolutely not." I protested. "Mayfeld is not to be trusted. Besides he insulted you and your beliefs."

Din let out a shaky sigh. "I know...but what other choice do we have?"

I wanted to argue, saying that there was another choice, but there wasn't. Not this time. Reluctantly, I nodded. "You're right. We have no other option."

My mind wandered back to Grogu and Kaytia. Who knows what Gideon was doing to them right now. I felt my stomach churn as I thought of them being tortured like I was. Ani let out a whine, sensing my emotions, he approached me, sitting down at my feet. I stroke a hand through his fur. I could feel his pain and sadness as well. Ani missed Kaytia and Grogu as well.

"I know, Ani, we miss them too." I mentioned.

"He can feel your emotions?" Din asked, sounding baffled.

I nodded. "Ani and I are connected through the Force."

Din tilted his helmet. "You can feel other people's emotions, move things with your mind, heal people, and destroy doors. What else can you do?"

"Well, there are several things. For instance, we can also create force fields like you saw with Kaytia and Grogu back on Tython." I began. "We can also create bonds with animals like I've done with Ani, we can also sense if we're in danger, we can sense those who have perished, and also we can sense enemies through the Force so even if it's dark, we can detect where they are."

"That's incredible." Din admitted as he looked over at me.

I couldn't help but crack a smile. Fennec then approached us. "We'll be arriving on Nevarro shortly."

Once we reached Nevarro, Boba landed the ship outside the city. We all walked out of the ship and onto the ground. Boba and Fennec turned towards Din and me. I never thought the infamous Boba Fett and Fennec Shand would help us get our kids back.

"Delmira and I will be back. We need to see a friend first." Din informed them.

With that, Din, Ani, and I made our way into town. We found Cara in the building next to Karga's office. Once we walked in, we found her sitting in a chair behind a desk, containing a computer and a badge which had the New Republic symbol. Cara was baffled to see us.

"You're back so soon." She stated.

"Something has come up." I began.

Din noticed Cara's badge laying on her desk. He picked it up from the table, inspecting it. I couldn't believe Cara was now working for the New Republic. Din and I both thought she had left that life behind, but I've learned that people can change.