Chapter 31: Tython

After Lang and Morgan were defeated, the city was now free. As the town celebrated, Ahsoka, Din, and I walked out of the gate. Ahsoka turned around to face us, extending out the Beskar staff that Morgan had.

"I believe this was your payment." Ahsoka mentioned.

Din shook his head. "No, I can't accept. I didn't finish the job."

"No, but this belongs with a Mandalorian." Ahsoka informed him.

At her words, Din accepted the staff, taking it from Ahsoka. Remembering the other part of the deal, I spoke up. "We should get Kaytia and Grogu."

"Right...they're back at the ship. Wait here, Delmira and I'll get them." Din mentioned.

With that, Din and I walked off towards the Razor Crest. My heart clenched as I thought of the fact that Kaytia and Grogu would be separated from us. I tried to push these thoughts aside as we made our way to the Razor Crest. Once we reached the ship, Ani greeted us. Din patted his head as he wagged his tail. I then noticed Grogu sleeping in the hammock above the bunk, where Kaytia was sleeping. Din and I made our way towards the bunk.

"Wake up, kid." Din commented.

"Grogu, Kaytia, wake up." I called out.

As soon as both their eyes opened, they both looked confused and out of sorts. Kaytia furrowed her brows. "What's going on?"

"It's time to say goodbye." Din explained.

Kaytia looked at us, devastated upon hearing Din's words. "What do you mean? Aren't you gonna stay?"

Din and I exchanged a look. I couldn't see his face, but I could sense his sadness. This was going to be hard for all of us. I fought back tears that formed in my eyes as Kaytia climbed out of the bunk.

"I'm afraid not. Grogu and you must train on your own...without us." I clarified.

Kaytia threw her arms around me, giving me a tight hug. "But I don't want to leave you, mom, or leave dad and Ani. I want you all to be there for our training."

My heart clenched at her words. How I wish that could happen, but I knew it wasn't possible. I wrapped my arms around her, returning her hug. I ran my hands through her hair, trying to comfort her. Once Kaytia pulled away from the hug, she looked over at Din, lunging towards him to give him a hug. I could feel their anguish and pain.

"I'm gonna miss you both." Kaytia said as she pulled away from the hug.

Grogu let out a whine as he looked up at Din and me. I placed a hand on his head, giving him a sad smile. "Looks like Grogu's gonna miss us too."

Ani whimpered as he approached us, looking over at Grogu and Kaytia. He had also grown attached to the both of them. Kaytia knelt before Ani, wrapping her arms around him. "I'll miss you too, Ani."

After we finished saying our goodbyes, we all walked towards the bay door, making our way out into the forest. Outside Ahsoka stood, waiting for us. I did my best to fight back the tears that continued to fill my eyes. I won't cry, at least not until Kaytia and Grogu are both gone.

"You're like a father and mother to him." Ahsoka mentioned. She then looked at Kaytia. "And to Kaytia, you two are her parents. I cannot train them."

"You made us a promise, and Delmira and I held up our end." Din argued.

Ahsoka approached us, gently placing a hand over Grogu's. "There is one possibility. Go to the planet Tython. You will find the ancient ruins of a temple that has a strong connection to the Force. Place Grogu and Kaytia on the seeing stone at the top of the mountain."