eleven. at the bottom of everything

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐳𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐳𝐞

𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚖 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

╚═══════════════╝

H E R

It was barely dawn of the next day when Carol came back to my new cell.

I had been staring at the bars of the bunk above me, sulking considerably. It had been hard to sleep when icy blood was pounding through the veins beneath my prickling skin.

"You have a visitor."

A visitor?

Carl.

Of course he'd come. What had I expected? For him to give up and not even bother looking for me?

Carol lead me to a simple room the size of a supply closet. It was virtually empty with only a large glass window which took up one of the walls along with a, hopefully, locked red door that led between the two small rooms.

And who was standing behind the window, arms crossed and eyes glaring? Carl Grimes himself.

Carol looked between us, Carl fuming silently and me trying my very best to avoid eye contact with him. She seemed to get an idea of what was going on and decided it was better if she left us to it. The door closed heavily behind her. I stepped towards the window, feeling somewhat safe due to the fact there was an inch or so of glass separating the two of us. Yet Carl was spontaneous and I had no idea what he planned on doing upon arriving here to speak with me.

As soon as Carol's footsteps echoed away and she was surely out of earshot, Carl slammed his fist against the glass making me gasp despite myself.

"Carl! What the hell?"

Why was he mad? I should be the mad one, for Christ's sake! I felt myself start to boil a little.

"What were you thinking?" He snarled, his voice muffled by the glass yet it wrung true through my ears.