11. "You're a Very Ugly Mother."

ALESSANDRO

Hitting the alarm violently, I remove the duvet and stand up, making my way to the bathroom.

I undress and turn on the shower, and adjust the water to reach my liking.

As the water come down, my thoughts go to Amalia.

When I first saw the ad on the internet, I immediately considered working as a bodyguard. One because I would be in Italy close to my daughter, and second, I would take her custody, so we could live together.

The thing is that Amanda is not a good mother. When I first got married to her, I was so in love that I didn't see her true colors sooner. I was blinded by love, and when we had our daughter, everything changed. She changed. She turned into this person who doesn't care about anyone but herself. When I discovered that Lily got lost, I went mad because it wasn't the first time this happens, but the good thing is that I could use this in court.

So when I came to Amalia's house and saw her, I never thought that she would be this young and beautiful. I thought I was working for an old rich rude woman; not that Amalia is not rude, she is, but she's different.

The first my eyes laid on her, I knew that I am in deep shit, and now I know that I was right. This connection that I feel towards her is beyond me. It is so real that I don't think it could ever disappear.

Add on that Lily's love for Amalia. It is as if the universe is giving me a second chance at love, despite Amalia's rough personality, she's an angel, and I think I am the only one; along with Gus, to see this.

Turning off the water, I wrap a towel around my torso, and make my way out.

As I finished wearing my outfit for the day, I hear the door bell.

I quickly make my way towards the door, and pull it open. There she was standing by my doorstep, with our daughter clutching her hand.

"DADDY!" Lily yells, running to me with a crushing hug.

Amanda is just standing there, with a scowl on her face. I was going to say ugly face, but...never mind.

"How are you, baby?" I ask, as I kneel to her level and hug her back. She is wearing a cute pink dress that I know, she's not comfortable in.

Amanda is truly a terrible mother.

"I am good! where is auntie Cassie?-" She asks first, and then says, "-and nanny Amalia?"

"Your aunt is inside, but Amalia is not here, sweetie. She has work." As son as I said that, her face becomes flat, and a pout appeared on her lips.

"But she told me that she will see me today." She looks at the floor, clearly disappointed.

"She did? how?" I ask confusedly.

When did Lily even talk to her, and how? I am sure that I didn't talk to Lily yesterday when I was working, and I didn't hear Amalia talking in my phone or anything.

"I spoke to her on the phone." She mutters and was about to walk inside, when a voice stops her.

"I am here!" Amalia's cheerfully voice says. She walks, bumping Amanda intentionally; which actually made me smile, and hugs Lily with open arms.

"Watch where you're going!" Amanda yells.

Amalia turns around to look at Amanda from head to toe, and a smirk forms on her lips once she saw Amanda's reaction.

"You!"

"Hello, again, Amanda."

"You are fucking her?" Amanda chuckles, as she points at Amalia.