chapter fifteen.

☄▐ ICARUS AND the two boys ran towards the school, the former of the two fumbling around with the door locks to see if she could lock them

"Lock it! Lock it!" The boys urged

"Do I look like I have a key?" She snapped, looking back at them, she huffs dragging a hand through her hair, "I need something to keep it shut."

"Like what?" Scott asks nervously, his voice quick

"Anything!" She hisses, eyes falling onto his baby blue Jeep and an idea sparks in her mind

Parting her lips she turned her head to the left a little bit, eyes never leaving his precious car, "Stiles," Her voice is quiet, "What random objects are in your jeep?"

He freezes, blinking as he thinks, "Uh, uh, a few tools, my lacrosse stick and some clothes, why?"

She looks back at him, eyes darker than their normal shade of green, "Did you lock it?"

He shakes his head in response, both boys visibly confused by her actions, "Alright." She takes a deep breath, "I'm going to go out there ─ "

"No!" Scott exclaims, shaking his head so hard she swears she heard something pop, "No, no, no!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, you want to die?" She shoots back in frustration, clammy hands curling around the handle,

Scott and Stiles share a look, both against her idea as she speaks again, "Listen, I'm gonna go out there and grab something to blockade the door ─ and then I'll distract this overgrown mutt, got it?"

"Horrible idea." The spastic boy remarks, hands running over his hair in fear

"I'm not afraid of the big bad wolf ─ I ain't little red riding hood and I've fought scarier things than this." Her voice is even, "I am going to throw whatever it is that I find to you and distract him, okay? You are gonna block the door and run. Don't wait for me and do not look back."

She reaches out for both of them, grabbing the backs of their necks gently and pulling them towards her, "I'll be fine." Icarus assures, turning back to the door, her eyes harden and she pushes it open, bolting for the Jeep with out hesitation

Stiles lets out a strangled noise, hands flying out to pull her back but shes already too far out of reach for him to grab her. Besides she was like nineteen times stronger than him, she would just keep going.

Determination fueled her veins as she yanked open the car door, rifling through the box of tools. A low growl can be heard across the parking lot and she swallows, quickly snatching a pair of large bolt cutters from the box and she looks back to her brother.