chapter sixteen.

WHEN ICARUS McCall woke up this morning, she wasn't expecting for Derek Hale to be standing over her bed, hand placed over her mouth to keep her quiet as she jolted it up in bed

WHEN ICARUS McCall woke up this morning, she wasn't expecting for Derek Hale to be standing over her bed, hand placed over her mouth to keep her quiet as she jolted it up in bed. Her head smacked against his and they both groaned, the girl lying back down as she clamped a hand onto her forehead, her supposed guard dogs only now waking.

Auggie and Boston startled awake, moving closer to her, and nudging her with her noses. She grunted, looking at them with slightly narrowed eyes,

"You're supposed to be guard dogs." She huffed at them, pointing to Derek who is glaring down at her, "Stranger danger."

Seeing that their owner was okay they licked her hand and lied back down, making her gape at them in shock.

"Unbelievable."

Sitting up in her bed, she turned to Derek returning the icy glare he was giving her, "Why are you in my room, you creepy fugitive pervert?" She demands, standing up

"Put on pants and I'll answer your question." He retorts moving to the stereo on her dresser, turning it on so that Scott couldn't hear them

She huffs, snatching up her basketball shorts and tugging them over her legs and looking back at him, smiling sarcastically, "Better?"

He returns the mock grin and leans against her dresser, arms folded across his chest as she sits back down reaching for a pill bottle on the bedside table, "So? Why are you here and what do you want?"

"You need to keep your eyes on Scott today." He states simply, watching her swallow three pills with a gulp of water

"You want me to stalk my brother, is what you're saying."

He huffs, arching a brow in annoyance, "Yes, I'm asking you to stalk your brother."

She frowns, shaking her head, "I can't."

"Why?"

"I have things to do." She mumbles, avoiding eye contact with the werewolf as she scratches Auggie's head

"What things?" He demands, pushing himself off the dresser, narrowing his eyes at her skeptically

She bites her lip, not responding to his question and he sighs, "What things?"

"Mandatory therapy."

Her voice is so quiet he almost didn't catch it, the key word being almost.

"Mandatory therapy?" He repeats, making her nod

"Remember how I'm a Marine?"

"You tell me every five minutes."

Giving him a nasty look, she continues, "Well, you don't come out of war unscathed and I am no expection." She admitted vaugely, "PTSD is not a friend."

Derek pauses, his mind flashing back to his own small stunt with PTSD after the loss of his family and he stares down at her for a moment, listening her to erractic heartbeat calm down as she ran her hand over her dogs fur costs, focusing on them instead of the werewolf across from her.