chapter seven.

☄▐ HER FOOT impatiently tapped against the marbled floor of the train station, hazel eyes focused on the other side of the station, where the doors leading from the trains were

☄▐ HER FOOT impatiently tapped against the marbled floor of the train station, hazel eyes focused on the other side of the station, where the doors leading from the trains were. She sat by herself, a small satchel sitting besides her boot clad feet, which were bouncing up and down nervously. Icarus was growing more and more anxious as the seconds ticked by, mind spinning faster and faster as she awaited the arrival of her dogs.

The veteran was twisting and untwisting her fingers together, knees knocking together as the bouncing of her feet grew more erratic as time droned on. It felt as though time only became slower as she listened to the seconds tick by on her watch, the sound becoming increasingly more annoying with each minute that passed her by.

She huffed, taking a hand through her brown locks and sniffed, eyes narrowed as she began to grow restless. Boston and Auggie were almost here, but they seemed to be taking their sweet ass time! She fell back in her seat, letting out a noise of frustration as she checked her watch -- only three minutes had passed since she last checked.

Is time going in slow motion just to taunt me? She wondered, staring up at the arched ceiling above her before looking back to the doors. Icarus was a naturally patient person most of the time, but she hasn't seen her babies in three months! Can you blame her for being irritated by the exsistence of time and slow trains?

The doors slid open and a crowd of people rushed in, looking for their family members, friends, and significant others whilst Icarus waited for her dogs. The sound of nails hitting the textiles below their feet, made Icarus shoot out of her seat, watching in excitement as her dogs came hurtling through the doors.

A squeal of excitement was pulled from herl ips as her knees in the floor, her dogs bounding on top of her happily. Barks and laughter ran out around the train station and Icarus giddily pets her dogs,

"Hi babies," She cooes, "Hi my babies!"

Boston and Auggie stand on top of her barking and licking her face, nudging at her hands as she scratches their chins. Their trainer, Adrian Eastman, stands behind them, gasping for air.

"They were on leashes, I swear." The man says, his voice hoarse

"It's fine." Icarus assures, a chuckle lacing her words, "I'm just glad they're here. Thank you for bringing them."

Adrian nods, "Anytime. They're wonderful dogs."

Pride swells in the veteran's chest, grinning om her dogs, "Hear that, babies? You hear that?" She asks as their taiks wag so fast their butt moves with them, "Who are my good boys? You're my good boys! You're my good boys!"

The Rottweiler and Pitbull continued to bark happily, jumping excitedly around her, as Adrian struggled to hold their bags in his hands. Icarus only smiled and laughed as her dogs leapt and bounded around her, "You're gonna like it here, babies. I promise."