"Shut up," Luke grumbled.

I tilt my head to the side. "If he's getting paid just for standing up, then I should be getting paid double!" I tell Luke.

Luke looks at Jess with tired eyes. "Make her stop talking."

Jess shakes his head. "Been trying to get her to do that for a long time."

"Hey!" I exclaim shooting a glare at the both of them.

"I'm kidding," Jess starts with a teasing smile. "I love it when you talk."

"Damn right you do."

~~~

I rested my head on Jess' shoulder as his arm went around my waist. We were sat down on one of the many benches at the dance. Everyone else was into their eleventh hour of dancing while we were having a very heated discussion about what the best movie ever made was. Our finalists were Top Gun and Kill Bill: Volume One.

"But Top Gun had Tom Cruise! Don't you have a thing for Tom Cruise?" Jess asks, desperate to get me to agree with him.

I lift my head of his shoulder. "I have a thing for Johnny Depp, not Tom Cruise," I shake my head at him.

"My mistake," He retorts with a grin on his face. "But you're really sticking with Kill Bill?"

I slap his shoulder playfully. "Of course I'm sticking with Kill Bill!" I say as his arm tightens around my waist.

"But Top Gun refined everyone's childhood," Jess argues looking at me.

I frown as I answer him. "You're right," I sigh.

Jess kisses my frown away with a smile. "See? I always have the best movies." He announced proudly.

"No," I drag out, as his face crumples when he realises where I'm going with this.

Jess points his finger at me. "No. That did not count."

I smile up at his teasingly. "Notting Hill?" I mock as he groans.

"That was one time!" He protests as he pulls me closer toward him. "Besides, you like Hugh Grant."

My mouth had opened to tease him some more when the song on the overhead speakers changed. I knew this song. This song was made for dancing. I gasp as I turn to Jess. "The Killers!" I say happily.

He sends me one of his genuine smiles as he kisses my forehead. "I hear it."

Untangling myself out of his arms, I stand up in front of him. "Dance with me," I suggest as I extend my hand towards him. Jess just shakes his head and stays rooted in his spot.

"Please?" I pout as I sit back down next to him.

"I thought you didn't want to dance?" He questions accusingly as I huff.

"It's The Killers!" I exclaim. "It's a sin not to dance to them."

"Well then call me the devil."

I roll my eyes at him. "Jess, please?" I plead giving him my best puppy-dog eyes.

He groans at my face. "It's not fair that you're cute." He whines before standing up.

I clap my hands happily at his defeat. I drag him by the hand to the dance floor. "I know, it's not fair to anyone else. There's not enough cuteness for them," I say sarcastically.

I wrap my arms around his neck as his hands go around my waist. We both move slowly along to the music. There were a few stares our way from the other dancers. No doubt them thinking that it was weird to see Jess Mariano dancing. People were giving us enough space so we didn't have to worry about bumping into anyone.

"People are staring," Jess whispered in my ear as I leaned my head on his chest.

I lift my head to look up at him. "It's probably cause you're so damn handsome," I joke with a smile.

He lets out a small laugh at my words. "Speak for yourself, you should see who I'm dancing with," he flirts.

"Who?"

Jess puts on his best thinking face. "Well, she has dark hair and beautiful green eyes." He raised his eyebrows at me. "Care to take a guess?"

"Alicia Silverstone?"

He laughs at me. "She's a blonde!"

"I tried my best," I joke as he leans his chin on my head.

The song had changed but neither of us noticed. We were enjoying each other's warm embrace as we swayed to the music.

Thank You
Hi, so to everyone who's reading this. I just wanna say a huge huge thank you to everyone for reading, voting, commenting and just basically supporting this story. Honestly, I still cannot believe that this story hit 10k, I didn't even think it would get 1k. Again, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for reading. Enjoy the rest of the story!!

All the love,
H.