You Cannot Tell Anyone

Have you scene the movie 'Empire Records? If you have, you know that scene at the end of the movie where A.J kisses Corey on the rooftop. With everyone else below them and the sign shining bright against the dark sky. Kissing Jess was ten times better than that scene. It was as if everything they said in the movies and books about butterflies in your stomach and fireworks were actually true.

But then I realised what I was doing. I immediately pulled away from him with a gasp. "Oh my god!" I exclaim with mortification.

Jess looked at me in surprise. "That bad, huh?"

I shake my head at him quickly. "No, no. Absolutely not! It was actually pretty amazing," I reassure him with a small smile.

"So you regret it?" He asks me again solemnly.

"No, it's just. I want this. I really really want this." I explain to him. He smiles lightly at my words. "But my mother, she could kill me and you if she found out."

He nods his head understandingly. "So we can't?"

"I'm just saying you can't tell anyone about this. No one at all." I rephrase looking into his eyes.

"I'll take it with me to the grave," he agrees as he holds a hand up.

"Hopefully by then we can tell someone," I joke. "But you should've come sooner."

"Why?"

I sigh as I answer him. "I'm going to Washington for the summer. We've got this internship thing."

Jess nods along to my words. "Well then I'll wait for you."

"You'll wait? For me?" I asked unsure.

He just shrugs as if it were no big deal. "I've waited seventeen years, I think I can wait a few months."

Someone calls my name in the distance. I groan at the signal. "I have to go," I tell Jess sadly.

"Alright," he says with a soft smile.

As I make my was back I remembered something. I stopped in my tracks and turned around. I sprinted toward Jess and wrapped my arms around him. I pressed one last lingering kiss to his lips. He smiled into the kiss.

When I hear my name being called once more I pull away from him. "Bye," I say as I make my way back to everyone else. "Oh, and welcome back!" I shouted behind me as I heard Jess laugh lightly.

I make sure to compose myself and flatten back my hair before stepping back into the wedding. Calming my breaths, I make my way over to my mother who was talking with Michel.

"Hey, honey." She puts an arm around my shoulder. "Where were you?" She had on a same coloured dress as me just in a different design. Her hair was put up in a fancy up-do held by a few clips.

I wave my hand to dismiss her question. "It was nothing," I lied. I turn over to Michel who as usual wore one of his amazing suits. "Hey, Michel."

"Ah, Bonjour Cassie." He smiles at me. He always preferred it when I spoke in french with him. Despite him hating the french, thus him coming here, he must have felt at least a little bit homesick. So I always tried my best to make him feel more at home here.

"Bonjour Michel, quel joli costume tu as." I complimented his suit with a light smile. My mum groaned from beside me.

She took her arm off my shoulder. "That's my cue to leave." She walked away to talk to some other guest.

Michel turned to me with a mischievous grin. "Maintenant qu'elle est partie, nous pouvons passer aux choses sérieuses." Now that she's gone we can get down to business.