I Think You're Full Of Shit

Surprisingly, last night went well. Really well actually. Jess and my mum both made an effort and we all found out that they're not that different. Aside from there being some tension in the air for half an hour, they got along pretty well.

By that, I mean no one killed each other. They each made a few jokes here and there before Jess had decided to leave. He even thanked my mum for letting him stay. He thanked her. I don't think I've ever seen him thank everyone.

In conclusion, they don't hate each other anymore and my mum said he wasn't too bad. That was the most I got out of her.

Now, walking towards Luke's with Rory, Lorelai and my mum I felt less worried at my mum going inside. Lorelai was talking about how she almost fell off her roof.

Lorelai was showing my mum her wound under the bandage when Rory spoke up. "Stop playing with it!"

Lorelai pouted and kept her hands to herself. "Maybe, our gutters are infected with radioactive poison or made out of some kind of extraterrestrial metal. This could be my superhero origin." She explained quickly with her eyes wide.

My mum shoved her lightly. "You sure we weren't pushed off your roof?" She remarked as we headed inside Luke's for breakfast.

We all sat down at a table for four. I shrugged off my jacket and looked around. "Where's Luke?" I asked out.

The place was bustling with its usual customers on a Sunday morning. I saw Jess helping to serve some people. Alas, no Luke in sight.

"I don't know where he is but I'm getting pancakes with a side of pancakes," Lorelai says as we all look around for Luke.

"Oh no," my mum says looking towards the kitchen. We all follow her line of sight and groan.

Rory looked back towards us. "Caesar's cooking." She stated.

"Wait here," I tell them before getting up and heading behind the counter.

I approach Jess who was counting up something at the cash register. When he saw me he stopped what he was doing to give me a small smile.

"Hey, Cherry." He greeted.

I return the smile. "Hey, I just wanna say thanks for last night."

Jess shrugs. "It's no big deal," he waves it off.

Leaning against the counter, I start with why I came here in the first place. "It is a big deal. But I came here to ask if you knew where Luke was."

"I think he's upstairs, why?"

"Caesar's cooking and Lorelai wants good pancakes," I explain.

"Well, then you better go get Luke down."

I say a quick thanks to him before going back to the table. "So, Luke's upstairs."

Lorelai sends me a grateful smile. "Thanks," she says before heading upstairs.

"Well," Rory started as she gave me a knowing gaze.

"What?" I was confused.

My mum scoffed. "I see now why me being nice to Jess was so important last night."

Rory turns towards me. "You didn't tell me he came over last night!" She exclaims loudly.

I quickly cover her mouth with my hand. "Could you be any louder?" She pushed my hand away with a disgusted look.

"You like him don't you?" My mum teases as I groan and rest my head on the table.

"I do not!" I protested.