Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

At that moment, I didn't want just his godmother dead but I wanted him dead too.

I really don't like humiliation.

"Enzo isn't the problem Nessa. Try living in a place where they don't fucking speak then come back and taunt me,"

She inched closer to my face and I could swear that I could smell her breath. It was icy cold and smelt like dew; cold and unwelcoming.

"Did that, done that. You think all witches speak the common tongue?" She smirked but her silver eyes remained steady and unamused. "vek san durange merut....."

"What?" I exclaimed, not understanding a word of whatever I just heard. She rambled more unintelligible things.

"Witches also have their own languages sweetheart and they are ancient too and very hard to wrap your head or tongue around and master so your struggle isn't a unique one," suddenly, dark mist overtook Nessa, engulfing her on all sides and behind then she latched onto my hand. I tried to pull my hand away but her nails only sunk deeper into my skin. "I don't know what's taking you so long but Logan's getting a little impatient so you better hurry up girlie and get that stone!"

"It will take time! It's not like I can just waltz into Enzo's room, get naked and expect him to jump at the opportunity to fuck me, Nessa. From all indications, he doesn't seem to be that kind of guy," I argue as her nails dig deeper but my eyes are focused on the darkNess that seems to surround her. It looks like it's eating away at her slowly. It sends a chill up my spine.

"I think you give him too much credit, Aoife,"

Again, that condescending tone with the name Enzo gave me. Is she trying to taunt me or something?

"Even if he was like every other guy and did waste no time in taking me to his bed, Nessa, I don't think he's going to be moaning the location of the blue moonstone in the middle of sex, Nessa! So please give me a break, I'm doing my fucking best!" I scream at her, completely frustrated and somewhat unhinged.

I literally just got humiliated, not once but twice today so forgive me if I'm not in the mood for this shit right now, Nessa. I'm doing my damn best! I mean, in all honesty, your damn moonstone is the reason I got slapped and my cheek was sent to the sulfur pits to begin with so don't be a bitch right now you dumbass witch!

"I don't know how you plan to do it but get that stone, Raven. Get it soon. Don't get distracted by a pack life that isn't and will never be yours. Just like the old lady said, you're an outsider girl and don't you forget that, Raven. Don't forget who you are,"

I furrowed my eyebrows. How the heck did she know that? How did she know what the old lady said? How?

Before I could ask her, Nessa disappeared into thin air.

I looked around everywhere but she was nowhere to be found and if I didn't look down to see the nail marks on my hands then I would have doubted if she was even here at all.

***

Three Years Earlier.....

"Perfect, Raven!" Lorraine, my superior congratulated me with a huge smile on her face. I had just completed a job and the target was in the hands of the woman who wanted him. It was a forty-four-year-old business tycoon who made his black money off of smuggling cocaine. He crossed his business partner and she wanted revenge. I delivered it.

I got revenge for her. This was yet another case which I was given that I succeded at. I smiled from ear to ear, flicking my hair to the side. It didn't obey me.