Drug Deals & Mob Bosses

Lucifer's POV

Do you know what would be nice? To have at least one damn week where no one was dying, or nearly going to die. I was getting tired of the same thing over and over. Hopefully that would be the case now. Lauren was back where she belonged, Michael was back where he belonged, and Ammenadiel hadn't noticed a thing. Or if he had, he hadn't brought it up yet. But my wish was going to have to wait. The time difference here on earth was majorly different and it had been two months since I had left. I walked into the precinct the next morning to find Chloe and Daniel working frantically on what seemed to be a new case. Chloe looked up and saw me, then rushed over, grabbing my wrist and pulling me over,

"Lucifer, I'm so glad you're back. You need to help us. I ran into a dangerous case involving a drug gang and now Trixie is gone." She's what?! The little urchin was probably the only child, Lauren aside, that I could actually tolerate.

"Have you got any clues?" She shook her head.

"No. The kidnappers want $2million and for us to drop the case by Monday."

"What day is it now?"

"Thursday." Bloody hell that did not leave us enough time.

"What do we know about the gang?"

"Not a lot. Only that they are new to town but not new to the business. They are very discreet and are slippery. We haven't managed to catch anyone yet. We don't have any names, no locations. Nothing." This was not going to be easy. "The only thing we can really do, is-"

"Chloe no." Dan spoke up. "I know you want to find Trixie, so do I, believe me, but we can't do that if they get you too."

"Going undercover is the only way we can find out anything about these guys. Maybe get us closer to finding our daughter." Dan sighed.

"Fine. But it can't be you or me. These guys know who we are and will most likely kill her if they see us." Chloe leaned against the table in thought.

"What about Lucifer?"

"Too obvious. Too many people know he works with us these days. And if anyone would know, it'd be these guys." An idea popped into my head as Daniel said this.

"What about someone who doesn't work here and apparently has experience with drug dealers?" It took a while, but Dan finally clicked onto what I was trying to say.

"No. No absolutely not."

***

Lauren's POV

My black hoodie shaded my face from prying eyes as I ran the plan over again in my head. I was supposed to meet up with a drug dealer and try to show my usefulness with my services. I used to me a kind of informant for other dealers a while back. Remember Marcus? Yeah I used to get him customers a lot. Until his business got more popular and he didn't need me anymore, then I moved onto the next dealer, then the next, and the next.

I had gotten pretty well known in that community, and had made a lot of 'friends' during that time. I say friends like that because none of us know anything about the other, outside of business. I cashed in my favor with Marcus from helping his business start, and asked him to recommend me to the guys Chloe and Dan wanted me to get information on. Thanks to me, Marcus was a well respected Dealer in LA and if anyone could convince these new guys, it was him.

He managed to set me up a meeting today at 2 o'clock at the back of a run down movie theater. Dan and Chloe set me up with the necessary things I would need. Like cash, so I could at least buy whatever they were selling for the investigation, a gun, in case I got into trouble, and an earpiece. I had recommended against it strongly, saying it was too noticeable and I would be caught, but they insisted that there was no way I was doing this with an earpiece in.