Chapter Twenty-six

Gemma wakes up the next to her phone ringing, and she sees it's Tyler;

"Hey."

"That hunter stole some of my venom."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it hurt like hell. But I'm fine."

"Thanks for letting me know. When should you be home? I want to see you."

"Today."

"I'll see you after school then."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Ty." they hang up from each other and Gemma got up and went into her bathroom to take a shower and get ready for school. 

The day went by slowly until lunch came around and Gemma was outside with Stefan and Elena who was pacing in front of them.

"It was a valiant first day effort. No one will judge you if you want to go home." Gemma told Elena.

"I don't want to go home, I want to take a white oak stake and kill her. That's how mad I am. She made me murderous!"

"How about we just leave the murdering to Damon." Stefan gets up and walks towards Elena.

"And-and then do what? Ignore her to death?"

"Look, she's trying to make herself feel better, she knows that everybody hates her, so she's trying to hate harder. Tell you what, let's just skip the rest of the day and go have some fun. I feel like this day is severly lacking in fun." Stefan told Elena, Elena looks over to Gemma, Gemma smiles at Elena causing Elena nod.

"Yeah. Okay, fine." Stefan smiles, "then we'll go to her party and show her that she can't intimidate me. I just have to go home and change first." she waves goodbye to Gemma and leaves. Stefan turns around and looks at Gemma.

"Does she seem a little off balance to you?" Gemma asked.

"Yeah, she's channeling all her emotions into rage. It makes her feel like she has a purpose. I used to do that too when I was, you know."

"Ripper, you?"

"Yeah. She needs to come to terms with it. Confront it, let it in before she can let go." Gemma nods.

"You're good at this, you know that.? You helped me so much after my parents, you saved my vampire life, now you're saving hers." they start to walk, "you should write a book. Go on the View."

"Hm." they walk off in silence, Gemma decides she is going to skip the rest of the school day as well and go over to Tyler's." when she gets there, she rings the doorbell and waits for Tyler to open the door. She instantly wraps her arms around his neck.

"I ditched Rebekah's ditching party." Gemma kisses Tyler and looks behind them, "what's with all the testosterone?"

"Hybrids. I'm on house arrest."

"Says who? Your mom?" Gemma looks at him, "come on, let's sneak out."

"No my mom, Gemma."

"You're kidding right? Klaus?"

"You should go to the party. I'll be fine."

"I'd rather hang out with you."

"Trust me, I'm no fun right now."

"Okay. Guess I'll talk to you when you are fun." Gemma said before walking down the driveway and getting into her car, she drove home and stayed in her room watching TV until she got a call from Stefan asking for her to come over. She dashes into the woods behind her house and runs to the Salvatore's house.She walks inside and sees Stefan in the parlor with a drink.