Chapter Nine

Author's Note: SO THIS STINT IN THE HOSPITAL HAS GIVEN ME THE CHANCE TO SIT DOWN AND WATCH THE FIRST SEASON OF THE ORIGINALS ON NETFLIX AND I LOVE IT!! (I KNOW, I'M SO BEHIND THE TIMES D:] BUT I LOVE IT. I ALSO AM WAY AHEAD OF WRITING THAN I AM TYPING UP THE CHAPTERS ON HERE AND I ALREADY HAVE A SEQUEL IN THE WORKS ALREADY BUT THERE AREN'T GOING TO BE ANY HINTS. I AM KEEPING IT UNDER WRAPS. BUT JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO! I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING SUPER AND TO SAY I TRULY LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. XOXO-- ASHLEY
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER NINE:
Gemma woke up the next day mid afternoon, for once not feeling terrible. She had an amazing night with Elijah and she barely remembered the fact that she had killed a werewolf last night. She decided that she would make the day even better by going shopping. She quickly got dressed and drove herself to the mall the next town over. She spent quite a few hours shopping and once she was finished she decided to grab a drink at the grill. She walked inside and saw that Alaric, Damon, Andie, Jenna, and Elijah were there. Elijah instantly saw Gemma and waved her over.
"Hey everyone."
"Hey Gemmy!" Jenna said happily.
"What a pleasure to see you again, Gemma. I tried to call you earlier, but to no answer." Elijah said skillfully.
"I decided I needed to treat myself to some new clothes." Gemma smiled.
"You seem in a better mood!" Jenna said happily.
"I had a good night." Gemma's eyes flashed to Elijah which caused him to smile.
"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I've got papers to grade." Alaric said as he put some money down and stood up from the table.
"No, you know what? We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party." Andie suggested.
"Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host. Say tonight, maybe?" Damon said, but Gemma couldn't help but feel that he was up to something.
"It's good for me. Jenna?" Andie asked.
"I don't know if tonight works..." Alaric said.
"Yeah, I'm free." Jenna said.
"It'd be a pleasure. Care to be my date Gemma?"
"Absolutely."
"Great." Damon concluded. Everyone else left leaving Gemma and Elijah.
"Care to join me?" Gemma shrugged and sat down next to him. Gemma ordered some food and a drink, and once she was finished picking through some fries, the two looked at each other.
"Pick me up at 6:00?" Gemma asked
"Of course. I got your meal, go Gem. Get ready." Gemma kissed Elijah quickly on the lips.
"Thank you." she said before kissing him again and leaving the grill. Gemma quickly drove home and took all her bags inside, she got into the shower and quickly did what she had to do. Once she was finished she went to her room and got out a new bra and panty set she bought when she was shopping and a simple black dress, she set the dress on her bed and put on the bra and panties. She went back into her bathroom and blew her hair dry, she let her curling iron heat up and quickly curled her hair in loose waves. She did her makeup using her vamp-speed. She went back to her room and slid the dress onto her body, she went into her closet and put on a pair of tall black heels. She heard the doorbell ring as she left her closet, she grabbed her phone and ran down the stairs. When she opened the front door she was greeted by Elijah who was in a very nice looking suit.
"Wow, absolutely stunning."
"You are quite dapper looking yourself."
"Ready to go?"
"Yes." Elijah extended his hand, Gemma took it and the two walked out to Elijah's car, they drove in a comfortable silence to the Salvatore house. When they got there, Elijah used his speed to quickly open Gemma's door, they got to the front door of the house and Elijah knocked, a minute later Damon answered the door.
"Good evening." Elijah said gracefully.
"Thank you for coming you two. Please, come in."
"Just one moment. Can I just say that if you have less than honorable intentions about how this is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider."
"No, nothing, nothing dishonorable. Just getting to know you."
"Hmm. Well, that's good." Elijah and Gemma enter the house and Elijah wraps his arm around her waist and pulled her closet to him, "because, you know, although Elena and I have this deal, if you so much as make a move to cross me, I'll kill you and I'll kill everyone in this house. Are we clear?"
"Is Gemma included in this?"
"No, because I doubt she is stupid enough to do anything. But are we clear?"
"Crystal." the pair see Jenna, and Elijah walks over to her, Gemma went to go join them, but Damon pulled on her arm forcefully, "what are you sleeping with the enemy now?" Damon asked Gemma.
"That's none of your business." she tied to walk away but Damon tugged on her arm. Gemma grabbed his hand hard and squeezed his fingers tight and he was forced to let go, but Gemma kept hold on his hand tight, clearing breaking it.
"Do you spread your legs to anyone who gives you the slightest bit of attention?" Gemma let go of his broken hand and slapped him hard in the face, making a loud enough sound to cause attention.
"Now, that is really none of your damn business." Elijah was by Gemma's side, "I'm fine. He is just a dick." Elijah takes Gemma hands and the two walk away and go sit at the dining room table. Andie, John, Jenna and Alaric were already sitting down.
"John?" Gemma asked confused.
"Gemma Walker, all grown up." he said, "you're stunning, the spitting image of your mother at her age."
"Thank you." Elijah pulled Gemma's car out and Gemma sat down, he pushed her closer to the table and then took a seat next to her. Damon sits down and Jenna starts pouring glasses of wine.
"I hate to break it to you, Damon, but according to Elijah, your family is so not Founders of this town." Jenna said.
"Hmm, do tell."
"Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier, a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trails in the 1690s. Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution." Elijah replied skillfully.
"Hmm. Because they were witches." Jenna said
"Yeah, but there's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem." Andie said.
"Andie's a journalist. Big on facts." Damon said to Elijah. Though the conversation was boring to Gemma, she kept on listening anyways.
"Well, the lore says that there was this wave of anti-witch hysteria. It broke out in the neighboring settlement, so these witches were rounded up. They were tied to stakes in a field together and, uh, burned. Some say you could the screams from miles around us. They were consumed by the fire. Could you pass the.."
"I wouldn't repeat this to the Historical Society." Jenna told Elijah.
"It's starting to sound a little like a ghost story to me." John said.
"So, why do you want to know the locations of these alleged massacres?" Damon asked
"You know.. a healthy historians curiosity, of course."
"Of course.." Damon said glaring at Elijah. They group ate dinner and once they were finished, Damon stood up.
"Would anyone care for some cognac? I have a bottle that I've been saving for ages."
"None for me thank. Nine bottles of wine is my limit." Alaric said.
"I would love a glass." Gemma whispered loud enough for the vampires to hear in the room.
"The gentlemen and Gemma should take their drinks to the study." Elijah stood up and pulled out Gemma's chair and took her hand and they walked together hand and hand into the study.
"I have to say the food was almost as wonderful as the company." Elijah told Jenna.
"I like you." Jenna said handing some plates to John, "here you are, gentlemen. Make yourself useful. Hmm?" John takes the plate, and Elijah pulls Gemma into the study where Damon already was. Gemma sits in a chair as Damon pours them all a drink, he hands one to Gemma and then one to Elijah.
"So, let me guess. In addition to the moonstone, the doppleganger, the lion, the witch and the wardrobe, you need to find this witch burial ground." Damon asked
"Because I feel as though we've grown so close, Damon, I'll tell you yes. Do you know where it is?" Elijah asked.
"Maybe. Tell me why it's so important." Elijah looks at all the books.
"It's quite the collection you have here."
"Hmm." Elijah was still looking at all the books, "it's a funny thing about books. Before they existed, people actually had memories." Alaric and Andie burst through the library door making Gemma jump up from her chair rather quickly."
"Gentlemen, Gemma. We forgot about dessert." Alaric said.
"Elijah." Andie held out her hand for him to take.
"Miss Star..." Elijah hands his glass to Damon and takes Gemma's and Andie's hand, he twirls them around as they walk out of the room. They go back into the dining room and see Jenna pouring coffee into a cup for John.
"Sorry, guys, dessert is taking a bit longer than I thought. I usually just unwrap food." Jenna said heading back into the kitchen. Andie sat down at the table, Gemma went to go sit as well, but Elijah pulled on her hand lightly.
"What's wrong?"
"Something is planned. But whatever happens I don't blame you." he kissed her on the lips and ran his fingers on some of the bottom strands of her hair, "I've enjoyed the last two days with you."
"What? Are you saying goodbye?"
"I'm not sure." Elijah said, "but if so, I know this weekend happened because your emotions are going crazy and I don't blame you for that. You're an amazing girl Gemma and he will realize that one day." Gemma looked at him confused, "Tyler will find out." Gemma looked down, but he still walked her over to a seat and had her sit down.
"Sorry to interrupt and I know this is a social thing, but I... I would really love to ask you some more questions about the work that you're doing here." Andie asked Elijah.
"I'd love to answer." Elijah said pushing Gemma into the table and then sitting down next to her.
"Great, that's so great." Damon and Alaric enter the room. Damon sits down and glares across the table at John.
"Ric, would you do me a favor and grab the notebook out of my bag?" Andie asked, Alaric walked over to her purse and started going through it.
"Elijah, did John tell you that he's Elena's uncle, slash father?"
"Yes, I'm well aware of that."
"Of course, she hates him, so there's absolutely no need to keep him on the endangered species list." Damon said harshly.
"No Ric, it's in the front pocket. Oh the... you know what? Excuse me guys. Sorry." Andie gets up and helps Alaric find her notebook.
"What I'd like to know, Elijah, is how do you intend on killing Klaus?"
"Gentlemen, there's a few things we should probably get clear right now. I allow you to live solely to keep an eye on Elena. I allow Elena to remain in her house living her life with her friends as she does as a curtesy. If you become a liability, I'll take her away from you and you'll never see her again." Andie comes back and sits down.
"Ok. My first question is where you got here to Mystic..." Gemma sees Alaric come up behind Elijah and he stabs a dagger through his heart. Gemma screams slightly and so does Elijah as he dies. Gemma looked at Alaric in shock as he pulls the dagger out and places it on the table. He looks at Damon.
"Now, get rid of him before Jenna comes back with dessert."
"What the fuck?" Gemma asked Damon.
"Alright." was all Damon said. Damon picks up Elijah's body and takes him away. Gemma left the Salvatore house before Jenna came back into the room and ran home. When she got there Elijah was waiting for her.
"HOW?"
"You friends are dumb. But I've got to go." Gemma nodded and they briefly kissed and Elijah was off. When Gemma got inside her house and went straight to her room, not bothering to take her dress off before falling asleep.