Chapter Twenty-two

Gemma woke up late the next afternoon to her phone ringing, she looked at the screen and saw it was Damon.

"What Damon?"

"We need you to distract Klaus and Kol at the grill."

"Fine. Give me thirty minutes." Gemma hung up and went to her bathroom and turned on the water. She got into the shower and quickly washed her hair and body, then she got out. She wrapped a towel around her body, she put on some fresh panties and a clean bra. She went to her closet and pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and a simple top. She slipped on a pair of flats and left her closet. She slid her cell phone and her credit card into her pocket, she left her house and drove to the grill. She enters and sees Alaric, they exchange a look, she looks around and sees Kol pointing at her. Him and Klaus continue talking as she walks closer to them.

"Gemma." Klaus said happily.

"Oh, it's you."

"Join us for a drink?"

"Mmm, tempting. But I'd rather die of thirst. But thank you anyways." Gemma leaves the grill. 

"Gemma!" Klaus runs after Gemma, he almost gets hit by a car. He finally catches up to her.

"Are you serious? Take a freaking hint."

"Don't be angry, love. We had a little spat. I'm over it already."

"Well, I'm not."

"How can I quit myself."

"Well you and your expensive jewelry, and your romantic drawings can leave me alone." Gemma hold him.

"Oh, come on, take a chance, Gemma." Klaus sits down on a bench, "talk to me. Come on, get to know me. I dare you."

"Fine." Gemma sits next to him, "what do you want to talk about?"

"I want to talk about you. Your hopes, your dreams, everything you want in life." Klaus said.

"Just to be clear, I"m too smart to be seduced by you."

"Wll, that's why I like you."

"So my hopes and dreams?"

"Yes, love."

"Travel out of Mystic Falls. Hopefully for good. Do something enjoyable with my life."

"Like what?"

"Travel journalist would be ideal or just a journalist."

"I bet you could do anything." they continued to talk until Klaus got up and put his hand on his heart.

"What's wrong?"

"What did you do?" he demanded

"Nothing." Klaus grabs Gemma forcefully.

"What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything. Please, stop."

"Kol!" Klaus takes Gemma's hand and pulls her behind the grill. Kol is daggered in the alley. Klaus undaggers Kol and knocks Alaric into the wall. Stefan tries to attack Klaus, but Klaus knocks him out too.

"I should have killed you months ago." Gemma vamps out and pushes Klaus roughly knocking him off his feet, he looks up at Gemma shocked, "how the bloody hell do you have the strength to knock me down. I knew you were strong when you were able to grab Kol's throat easily. But me?"

"Our Gemma here, is a special vampire." Damon said, "the vampire that turned her must have been amazing."

"Damon?" Gemma questioned him.