The wolf pounced and Lee Hyunjin immediately reacted, shuffling back as fast as he could.
The wolf snapped its jaws at him, trying to get a good bite whilst he tried to escape.

Unfortunately

In the process it managed to bite down on his right leg.

When Lee Hyunjin heard the sound of his bones crunching his brain at first couldn't process what was happening and he was momentarily frozen.

But as the canines of the wolf grazed his bone the pain jolted him awake powerfully and a blood curdling scream ripped from his throat.

The pain made him feel like he was going mad. As if his whole leg was ripped from his body. Lee Hyunjin looked into the green eyes of the wolf-like-creature that had released his leg and was moving towards his throat.

He shuddered in terror. It was something he'd never experienced. He suddenly thought that he shouldn't have left the cave. It was the safest place to be right now but he was in the forest in a world he didn't know with no allies or family to cry to.

Just why?
Just why?
Why?
Why?!

His life was already bad but at least it wasn't like this.... He never asked for anything, he never asked for this so why?

At this moment Lee Hyunjin truly hated himself more than anything. Why did he have to be Lee Hyunjin? Why him?

The wolf was about to bite down on his neck when a low rumble resounded near them.

Lee Hyunjin was now very, very familiar with it even though he'd only spent a day with the owner of that growl. He couldn't be more happy at this moment.

Did it really come to save me?

The pain numbed his senses and his consciousness started to flicker. All of this was too much for him.

The jaguars growl sounded closer and closer and the wolf changed position. It stood in front of Lee Hyunjin as if saying this was its prey.

The Jaguar wasn't having it and after circling for a bit the two got into a fight.

It was a short fight. The jaguar was bigger and more powerful so once its jaws clamped around the wolf's neck the game was over and the wolf's neck was snapped in half.

Lee Hyunjin looked at the jaguar that was approaching him cautiously. It sniffed at his broken leg then looked up at him. The jaguar tilted its head and Lee Hyunjin felt his heart thumping.

Their eyes met and for some reason Lee Hyunjin noticed the colour of the jaguars eyes

They were bright amber...

The jaguar walked around Lee Hyunjin then picked him up with its teeth.

The pain in Lee Hyunjin's legs intensified at that moment and his consciousness blacked.
.
.
.

When he again woke he was laying on his back in the cave. His body was shaking, he felt sweaty, weak and cold. Lee Hyunjin feebly shifted his gaze around.

He could see the head of the big jaguar near his legs and he instantly realised what it was doing. The jaguar was licking his injured leg.

His lips parted and his raspy voice sounded, "... you're not going to eat me right?" Lee Hyunjin was actually momentarily scared that might happen.

-Grrrr

"Sorry..." the pain was horrible, he couldn't even muster the strength to sit up.

Lee Hyunjin cried.