Chapter |9|

Vote goal: 8 votes.

5 comments.

Amaryllis' POV.

'RUN!' Screamed my panicking subconscious.

There is no way I am running away. I know better than being a weak girl and fear him. Over the years I've learnt to fear nothing, what the worse that can happen? Death? Oh, but darling I don't fear death. In the past darkest years of my life, death could've been a blessing! But not anymore I've grown to like life a little now. And my thirst to know more, to discover more is growing bigger each day. As the bad side exists, the good is somewhere here either. And I'm determined to find my good side of my life and-

'ENOUGH OF WORDS, NOW RUN!' My subconscious screamed.

"What brings a beautiful girl like you to the library?" Jacob's thrilling voice haunted my ears. 'Too late to run.' I whispered to my mad subconscious.

My voice hitched in my throat and instead of blocking like I used to do every time a male speaks to me I knocked up an eyebrow, I put my loads of novels on the table and crossed my arms to my chest.

"Where's that hidden voice of yours, huh?" He asked approaching me slowly. He gripped my chin harshly and forced me to look at him. "Talk when you are ordered to." He snapped.

"Leave me alone." I whimpered.

"You don't want me to beat you like Iast time now, do you?" He smirked.

"Unless you don't understand English, you know what leave me alone means." The absolutely unwanted voice spoke from behind me and I rolled my eyes. "Now fuck off if you don't want to quit this library with a black eye."

"Excuse me, Harry." Jacob acted like if he didn't hear Harry’s threat. "Would you repeat what you said?" He smirked before clenching his fists and jaw and glaring.

"Last time I checked, I am ten times stronger than you. In our latest fight, I almost took your soul away. So use that damn brain of yours and make the wisest decision." Harry snapped with venom stepping in front of me and I rolled my eyes at his behaviour.

'What do you think you are now, Harry? My boyfriend?'

Jacob scoffed and stormed away angrily.

I sighed in relief once Jacob was out of sight then sat and opened randomly the first book I landed my eyes on and started reading it peacefully.

"You could at least thank me! I saved your guts after all." Harry retorted and I simply mentally muted his voice. If he has just a smallish atom of pride and dignity, he would walk away. No one likes it when they are being ignored while they are talking, right?

"Don't ignore me Amaryllis." He warned. Weird, he never calls me by my full name! I flipped the page and started reading the second one. "I said don't fucking ignore me." He snapped taking a harsh hold of my wrist. Man, it hurts! I glared at him and snatched my wrist. "Just say something... Anything!"

'No boy I'm not satisfying you.' My subconscious scolded.

I looked down at my book -Brighton Rock by Graham Greene- and read it not giving the world a single care.

"We are on very bad terms and it is a vulgar misunderstanding." He whined before sitting in front of me. "Amaryllis." He groaned running his large palm through his mop of curls and I scoffed causing him to chuckle.

"You are cute in your own damn way." He said reaching to poke my cheek but I slapped away his hand.

"Don't touch me." I glared. "And stop treating me childishly."