Chapter |8|

Vote goal: 7 votes.
4 comments.

Amaryllis' POV.

"Want more orange juice?" Debby asked with a warm smile.

"Yes, please." I smiled back handing her my empty plastic cup.

The output with Lela and Noel's friends was way the best time I'm having this week. There was Debby, Lela's roommate and Nathan, Noel's roommate who happens to occasionally date Debby. They were so cute together and I wished I was as happy as Debby, from what she said, she has a typical cliché life! Raised in a normal and stable family, now she has the best boyfriend ever, and she's never dealed with bigger problems than everyday's ones. She said she would have loved some drama in her life. I mentally wished to have her life. The right one I've always wanted to have!

"If you excuse us." Nathan said getting up."Debby and I are going to have a walk around."

We all shrugged in response then Lela gasped dramatically.

"I need to do my maths homework!" Lela said face palming her face before taking to one's heel and running away.

"Saying I want to leave you two alone is easier." Noel shouted loud enough for her to hear then he chuckled. "That's lame she doesn't do normal homework, let alone maths'." He shook his head and I smiled. "Want to look at the sky and guess figures from clouds?" Noel asked breaking the awkward silence that was growing between us. I nodded my head before we both leaned on the grass, Noel took my hand in his and pulled me to his side until my head was leaning against his shoulder.

We stared at the blue sky speckled with thick pearly white clouds for minutes before I spoke.

"What do you see?" I wondered out loud trying to rate a cloud to some real figure.

"A flower." He said.

"Where?" I frowned trying to see a resembling to a flower cloud. He passed his arm around my shoulder and brought his cheek to mine so we could look at the same direction. "There." He said pointing to a small, almost unnoticeable cloud that looked like a lily, my favourite kind of flowers. Young, I remember mum making beautiful crowns with lilies, then she would put one on my head and give all the others to disabled girls.

"It's very beautiful." I smiled against his cheek before feeling him smiling against mine. Hesitantly Noel climbed on the top of me supporting his weight on his elbows. His aquamarine blue eyes stared at mine intensively and I felt like drowning in the Atlantic Coast. His eyes were so breathtaking, like Harry's emerald-

Why am I bringing Harry to my thoughts? I shouldn't even think about him, let alone compare his beauty to Noel's!

'But admit it, girl! That heartless pig is really gorgeous.' My subconscious smirked and I rolled my eyes at her before muting her voice. She is spoiling my close to romantic moment with Noel!

I heard something getting snatched from the ground and soon realised Noel cut a flower he then placed it in my light brown hair. And I blushed faintly when he smirked.

"I want to kiss you." Noel breathed with hopeful sparkling eyes.

"You don't see me stopping you." I whispered back and I heard a faint sigh of relief, I won't reject him, I can't reject him. I know how bad reject hurts! When I was six, few days after dad raped me for the first time, I was too oblivious and naive to know what dad did was bad and he became a very bad guy, so I asked dad a hug...

FLASHBACK

Six years old Amaryllis' POV.

I think daddy knew about me hiding a nutella pot in my room and punished me for that. And it hurt very much! I know what I did was bad, daddy has always told me to never eat too much of sweet food because it would make my teeth ill, he said very small monsters would eat my white teeth and make them black, so I deserved my punishment. Tough writing a hundred times 'I should never steal chocolate and hide it' would've been a less hurtful punishment.