Confession

"Dang, it's a small world!" Changbin said, still shocked.

     The two of them had gotten their drinks and exited the store, determined to make the best out of this total coincidence.

     "I know right!?" It looked like Hyunjin had finally gotten what he needed to keep his mind off all this group chat craziness.

     The two of them settled on sitting on the park bench to finish off their drinks.

     "Try it, it's good," Changbin insisted, holding his sweet drink out.

     Hesitating, Hyunjin slowly took a sip of the drink. His eyes widened. "This is good!"

     "Told you," Changbin smirked. Hyunjin then sipped his Ice Americano and made a face. "Dang it, why did I drink a sweet drink before a bitter one!?"

     Changbin laughed. "Sucks to be you."

     Hyunjin gave a fake pout. "This is why we vote you out on Among Us."

     "Yeah, speaking of that, can you NOT?"

     "Hah, that's what makes it fun!"

     "Hey! Come on..."

     The conversation switched back and forth for maybe the next half hour. There was a lot of laughter, it was crazy how well they got along even in real life.

     Hyunjin sighed and leaned against the bench. "Ah, this is nice. At least compared to-" Hyunjin stopped himself from what he was going to say next.

     "Compared to the group chat right now?" Changbin finished off his thought like it was nothing.

     "Yeah..." Hyunjin admitted, a little guilty.

     "It's fine, I feel the same. But knowing everyone, we'll heal..."

     But there was something off about the way Changbin said that. Like he couldn't really believe it himself.

     Hyunjin groaned. "It's my fault that Seungmin left. I'm part of the reason our chat is incomplete."

     "Hey, don't beat yourself up," Changbin said.

     "Why shouldn't I? I mean, it is all my fault."

     There was a small silence. Then...

     "I'm being a hypocrite," Changbin said. "Because I know how you're feeling. I know what it's like to make a mistake that hurt so many people. I know what it's like to hate yourself for it every day."

     Hyunjin was surprised at this. What was Changbin getting at?

     "Except this time... I don't know if I'll ever be able to fix what I did." Changbin's voice broke in the last few words.

     Suddenly, he put his head in his arms, as if he couldn't bear to speak anymore.

     "Hey, hey!" Hyunjin put his hand on Changbin's shoulder. "I know what's happening. You have a secret and you can't bear to keep it to yourself anymore. I know what that's like, it feels like a crushing pain that will suffocate you at any moment," Hyunjin said.

      "And the only cure... is to finally tell someone." Hyunjin remembered well, the pure elation he had felt back when he had finally told everyone his and Seungmin's story.

     Changbin didn't respond to that. A few moments passed.

     "... you're going to hate me," he finally said.

     "Bet. None of you guys hated me," Hyunjin said.

     "But this is different. Because... I guess I'm just that kind of jerk."

     Hyunjin was confused after Changbin said that. His mind then immediately re-winded to their previous test conversation. 

Hyunjin:

so that means he got FRAMED!?

Hyunjin:

what kinda jerk would do something like that?

     Hyunjin's eyes widened.

     "Wha-"

     Changbin launched into his story before Hyunjin could get another word in.

     10 minutes later:

     Changbin didn't know why he had finally decided to break. Maybe Hyunjin was right, it really had been crushing him ever since Innie had gotten removed from the chat.

     Hyunjin had simply been in the right place and time. Changbin had felt comfortable around him and before he knew it, he was telling him a story he hadn't told anyone ever since... it had happened.

     Once he finished, Changbin braced himself for Hyunjin's reaction. But a part of him felt calm. Because he figured that the one person who might forgive him for past mistakes would be someone who had also make mistakes himself.

     "... are you going to say anything?" Changbin couldn't stand the silence anymore.

     Hyunjin looked up. "I think..." A sad smile came on his face. "It's about time we fixed the mistakes we made in the past."

     He looked directly at Changbin. "We're the only ones who can fix our group chat and bring back the missing people. So let's stop feeling guilty over what we did in the past and look at how we can fix it. We HAVE to fix things. For the group chat and for Seungmin and Innie."

     Changbin chuckled. "Easier said than done."

     "I know," Hyunjin said. "But now we have the motivation to do it. We have our wake-up call. And most importantly..."

     He grinned. "We're not alone in this. Let's move forward together."

     More silence.

     Hyunjin burst into laughter. "Gosh, that was cheesy."

     "But it's all true," Changbin said. He smiled at last. "Thank you Hyunjin."

     "No problem," Hyunjin stood up. "Let's get going, it's getting late."

     They began walking away from the city.

     "I'll keep you posted," Changbin said.

     "Huh? About what?" Hyunjin asked.

     "Trying to fix things."

     Hyunjin smirked. "You'll know I've fixed things the minute Seungmin rejoins the chat."

     "Same here once Innie joins back," Changbin said.

     "Wish you luck," Hyunjin put his hand out.

     "Back at you." They high-fived, sealing the deal.

     After that talk, the two of them parted. Neither of them had a plan or even a small idea of how things would go from here.

     But now, they finally had hope. And that made all the difference.

     I promise you guys are going to get a flashback soon, don't worry!