The sight of a police car stopping behind the SUV caused my heart beat to quicken.

The popo are here to rescue me.

Beedoo beedoo beedoo.

I begin to bang on the windows but when the trunk opens, revealing the boys and a popo man handing Lorenzo a black duffel bag, my lips part in realization.

Paolo unzips a different duffel bag, revealing bags of... presumably baby powder, and then hands it to the popo man.

I crouch down into my seat and begin to pull at the skin on my neck. There were so many questions running through my mind and as much as I wanted to cure my curiosity, I didn't think I'd get an honest answer from anyone.

Voices filled the car moments later and I remained silent.

"What's wrong, Sweets?" I could see Paolo give me a genuine smile through the darkness of the car since he was seated right next to me.

This situation kind of reminded me of when we all first met.

"I thought the popo didn't like you guys."

The car was uncomfortably quiet for a few moments until Rocco broke the silence with a chuckle, "They work for us."

Stupid curser person.

I hate Lorenzo.

No I don't.

Yes I do.

He's too beautiful to be angry at and It's hard giving him the silent treatment when he doesn't talk to me in the first place.

I've noticed that he doesn't glare at me anymore, thats nice. He still sighs every time I speak but I think we're making progress.

"What are the chances of being kidnapped by the mafia and being kept alive with your own room and three besties?"

Marco directs his attention towards me and away from Rocco who is holding a long, clear and empty balloon.

"Can I blow that balloon up?" My eyes widen when Rocco throws it at me and a sticky, wet substance splatters over me.

Looks like it wasn't empty after all.

"What the fuck, Rocco," Marco seethes, his eyebrows furrowing as he slaps the back of the guilty man's head. "Clean up your mess. Now." Marcos sticcatoed sentence causes the room the empty with silence. Rocco rolled his eyes as he picks up the balloon and gives me a smile, his eyes glimmering when he notices my dumbfounded state.

"Love, why don't you go clean that up. Who knows what diseases Rocco could have."

I notice Marco shivering with disgust and Rocco stifling a laugh, making me more confused than ever. With my face red, I walk towards my room and head towards the bathroom to take a shower.

As I begin to take off my Hello Kitty shirt, my hands are messy with the sticky substance.

Hm. I wonder what it tastes like.

Remembering the disgusted look on Marcos face, I decide against my thoughts and hop into the shower.

The bathroom was dark, the only source of light coming from the stars outside the French windows. Showering in the dark was something that I always did, the reason for that being that I didn't want to see the scars that made my body their home.