𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭

Start from the beginning

For a moment, Kol just stared at her. His brown eyes looked straight into her hazel eyes, trying to figure out whether she was telling the truth or not.

Although he realized that she wasn't completely honest, he still decided to let her go. In fact, he even walked her back to make sure she got home safely. There was just something about her... something that made him feel like he would regret it if he killed her right away.

Bella might not completely honest back then but she still kept her words. She didn't tried to avoid Kol or started looking at him like he was a monster, instead she treated him the same way she would treat a friend. And to be honest, it wasn't very easy to do since every time she closed her eyes the memory of how Kol killed those drunken men kept coming back to her. No matter how bad those people were, they still didn't deserve to die like that. But there was nothing she could do to change their fate.

She didn't understand how Kol could easily back to his old self after that, as if he didn't feel guilty at all. Was that a vampires thing to have no remorse at all? If that was the case, did that mean Stefan didn't feel guilty at all after killing their father?

Call her naive or anything, but Bella refused to believe that. And that was why she remained friends with Kol.

She wanted to understand more about them, about vampires. She wanted to be able not be scared around them. She wanted to learn to accept them for who they were so that one day she could do the same to her brothers. If that made her the most naive person ever, she was more than okay with that. Because family meant everything to her.

Lucky for her, Kol was very open about his true kind. He told her many things about vampire including the fact that he and his family were the oldest vampire in the world as people used to refer to them as The Originals. That explained why he often spoke as if he was much older than her. He might look like an 18 year-old, but he actually almost 900 year-old. Bella wouldn't lie, that number kinda freaked her out at first. But she tried hard not to think about it.

"Bella, sweetie, it is so lovely I want to cry," her aunt gasped when she entered her room.

Bella just let out a small chuckle and looked at herself in the front-length mirror. Right now, she was getting ready for the ball at Mikaelson Mansion. Kol asked her to be his date to the ball a few days ago. And even though she already tried to refuse, that guy still insisted for her to come. He even sent  a maid (along with a couple set of ball attire) to her house to help her to get ready. It was obvious he was trying to make sure she had no reason not to come.

The Emile Pinget dress she was wearing was indeed breathtaking. The color matched her eyes perfectly. The neckline was so wide that it was nearly an off-the shoulder dress. Though the black lace trimming at the hem of the skirt was simple, the intricacies of the gown laid elsewhere, such as on the bodice and on the ornamentation of the skirt that also includes fringe. Though the volume of skirts was most definitely retained, it was more so in the back than evenly distributed all over, making it so that the front was a bit more flat.

Since her hair had been styled since an hour ago, the only things left were shoes. And just as she found the most suitable shoe, the carriage arrived.

Before leaving, Bella decided to take another look at her reflection in the mirror. Never once in her life had she felt this pretty. And it kinda made her wonder, how would Kol react when he saw her?

"Oh, sweetie, you're so breathtaking. You are definitely will be the belle of the ball. I am sure Mr. Mikaelson has never seen anyone more beautiful. You must remember everything so you can tell me afterward," her aunt ordered as she walked her to the carriage. Her uncle was busy in the restaurant at the time, so it was just her.