1

When Choi Jaewon saw Choi Beomgyu for the first time, she paid no attention, dismissing the way the male averted his gaze awkwardly, or how the so-called 'popular' kids were looking at him as a predator would their prey

She didn't do anything when the boy took the seat next to her, and held his hand out towards her, most likely hoping they could be friends. Nor did she do anything when he tiled his head awkwardly and continued waiting for her to shake his hand. 

Why make friends when you're going to move on and leave them in the end? Why make friends when they betray and hurt you? Why make friends when they're the ones who make you weak?

That is why she wanted nothing to do with Choi Beomgyu, the new student who everyone had already decided to hate.

But, when she saw him being beaten up by the group of kids she disliked the most in this world, she couldn't help but save him. Body was covered in bruises, blood dripping down from his pink lips, face red due to lack of air?

How could she leave him like that? She wasn't a monster.

Fortunately, a lifetime's worth of Taekwondo training had helped her stand up to bullies like these, making fighting off the idiots an easy task.

Choi Beomgyu slowly stood up, shock filling his features, as he stared at the usually unbothered girl. Jaewon spared him a few seconds of what looked like a glare, before wordlessly spinning on her heels and heading out of the courtyard where she had first seen Beomgyu being beaten up.

Of course, the male followed.

"Hey! Why did you help me?" he asked, attempting to strike up a conversation with the girl.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed the earphones that was inside her pocket. Connecting the thing to her iPhone, she put on the earphones and ignored Beomgyu, as he continued to try and talk to her.

At first, she thought if she kept going like this, Beomgyu would get tired and eventually give up, but as time passed, the likelihood of him leaving her alone only seemed to decrease. Finally, she halted her steps and turned to face the boy, him nearly crashing into her upon the sudden movement. With a sigh, she paused her music.

"What?"

Jaewon knew her voice sounded cold, but there wasn't anything she was going to do about it. She liked that her voice was cold. It told people that she didn't want to be disturbed. Choi Beomgyu simply didn't understand that.

"Thank you! You saved my life!" the male exclaimed, a bit too dramatically for her liking.

She nodded, just once, before turning around and walking away again.

This time, luckily for him, Beomgyu didn't follow her, maybe finally understanding that she wanted to be left alone. Instead, he stared at her retreating figure for a few seconds before heading to his own class.