As Beauty Fades

Charlize, Taylor, Hermione, and Ginny all got ready in the Gryffindor girls dorm room. All of them complementing each other's dresses. Hermione looked lovely in a flowy pink and purple dress, her makeup done by Charlize and hair by Taylor. Charlize had done Ginny's hair and makeup, who looked lovely in her seafoam green and pastel pink dress. Taylor had her hair done by Hermione and her makeup done by Charlize, her dress was a smooth, form fitting satin. A creme color that contrasted beautifully against her tan, olive skin tone. Her hair was straight, one side was sleek and pinned back bringing out her face.

Charlize was the last one to get her dress on and be ready to meet the boys in front of the entrance to the ball. Her dress was of a similar satin texture to Taylors. She was wearing a mermaid cut dress, the light material not being extremely skin tight, but just cinched enough around her waist.The neckline was straight however the excess of material allowed for a swoop to be created, dipping down to tastefully show the top of her chest (opting for a smaller, daintier necklace instead of Draco's ring that sat atop her closed trunk). Her back was completely open, apart from two thin strings that held everything together and crossed between her shoulder blades. It was a deep green, a dark emerald that brought out her own green eyes. Charlize had her hair down, curtain bangs framing her face and parting her hair from the middle as usual, accompanied by beach waves that were flowing down to the middle of her back.

           "Alright, everyone ready?"

Everyone nodded at Hermione's question, all of them filing out of the dorm room. Their heels clicking as they made it to the corner that would lead to the last few stairs that the boys were waiting at the bottom of. A giddy feeling grew in all of their bellies as they could hear the voices of all of their dates and a few older Gryffindor girls. Charlize just felt giddy from the excitement of it all knowing that Draco was probably standing a bit further away, knowing he'd rather have been caught dead than standing with Harry and his gang. They all turned the corner, Charlize was towards the back and couldn't quite see everyone yet but could hear the hollers and whistles of the boys.

Charlize lifted her gaze from her feet, the other girls being on steps low enough that made her able to see their group of friends waiting. Her eyes meet George's who gives her a soft smile, and her head drops back down to watch her steps so she doesn't topple down the stone stairs. George took this as a sign to nudge his brother, who had been avidly talking about something to Angelina and Oliver Wood who had just come back for the ball. Fred looked at his brother confused before George jutted his chin in the direction of the chairs.

Fred followed his brother's gaze to the steps, his mouth going dry and jaw dropping as he saw Charlize walking down the steps. He could hear his heart beating in his ears, George's laugh not even registering in his mind let alone the lost look his date was giving him. Charlize made it down the last step, looking up to meet Fred's wide eyes with a smile. The two seemed to be unable to break their gaze, that is until Taylor spoke up bringing Fred out of his daydream. In which he was the one who got to take Charlize to the ball, he was the one who got to hold her all night.

           "Is Draco meeting you out here?"

Charlize nodded looking at her friend, "Yeah, he should be coming. You guys go inside, there's no use in you lot waiting, Harry and I have to make the grand entrance anyway."

Everyone agreed and walked inside leaving Harry, Parvati, and Charlize. Fred walked through the doors hesitantly, a bad feeling growing in the pit of his stomach. Charlize was making simple conversation with Fleur, who came up to her when she arrived, when she caught sight of neatly slicked back, icy blonde hair. She excused herself from the conversation as she went to walk in the direction of Draco, who looked rather dashing in his dress robes.