As The Wolves Descend

Halloween day had come around, and Hogwarts was buzzing with excitement. Most of the students were planning on going to Hogsmeade unfortunately, Harry Potter and Charlize Snape were not among those students. Harry couldn't go even if he wanted to, and Charlize had promised her father to meet with him for a little bit. The girl had an extra skip to her step as she walked with Harry, who was juxtaposing her peppy walk.

           "I know he's your father but I truly can't believe you're this excited to see Professor Snape." Harry said with a skeptical look at Charlize.

          "He's not all that bad Harry." She responded with an eye roll.

Harry shrugged as they made their way to see Ron and Hermione off on their way to Hogsmeade. The parting was, unfortunately, not sweet as Draco Malfoy made his presence known. Draco and Charlize hadn't talked much apart from his occasional snarky remark and eyebrow raise. It was as if they hadn't even talked that day, Charlize was hurt (no matter what her ego told her), and Draco was internally panicking each time he saw her and being rude was the only defense mechanism he had.

           "Staying here then Potter?" He called from where he was in line with Crabbe and Goyle.

           "Scared to pass by the dementors?" Draco called out again with a laugh.

Harry and Charlize chose not to respond and turned to make their way back through the castle. Harry ignoring Draco didn't ruffle any of his feathers, but Charlize didn't even look his way, bat a single, perfectly placed, eyelash at him. That bothered Draco deep in his being, he almost felt bad for the excessive aggression he had towards her the last few days. But before he could dwell on it, Goyle had shoved him out the doors.

Harry and Charlize parted ways, Harry meandering through the halls and Charlize on her way to her father's class opening the door once she got there.

           "Father?" She called out into the seemingly empty class, well empty until her father walked in from a door at the back of the room.

           "Charlize, set your bag down by the door." Her father instructed clearly and Charlize did as she was told then walked towards an open chair next to his desk.

Severus Snape walked back into the classroom with a small bag in one hand, handing it to his daughter he smiled softly as she went to open it. Snape watched with a content smile as his daughter opened the bag to find candy corn, her favorite muggle candy.

           "Happy Halloween, my Flower." Her father said with a hand placed on the side of her lit up face.

The two began to catch up, Charlize rambling on about school so far and her friends, her father listening intently. Severus Snape was never much of a talker anyway, and he enjoyed seeing his daughter's face portray each and every emotion so vividly. Though Severus couldn't help but to tune out randomly, too focused on watching Charlize, his daughter, she was his pride and joy. Severus Snape loved his daughter, and he'd be damned if the wolves tried to rip them apart, she was his child regardless of how they came into each other's lives.

           "Dad! Are you listening?" Charlize asked as she stopped her recount of the way Fred Weasley had slipped and fell on his bum in the middle of the courtyard.

           "My apologies, go on then." Her father said with a short laugh.

           "No, it's alright. You had to have been there. But I'd hate to keep you too long, I know you must have some sort of meeting with the others."

           "I have no meetings, but I must brew something for Professor Lupin." Snape's tone told her not to ask questions, and she obliged only nodding.