Undying Love

The next few days were rather mundane again. That was until Charlize and Harry were called for the local paper during Potions, making Snape and Draco groan. Draco had been a bit preoccupied with whispering a funny story to Charlize about something he, Crabbe, Goyle, and Blaise had gotten into a few weeks ago. It was mid giggle that Charlize had to leave, making Draco voice his disapproval, wanting to continue to make the girl laugh. It only got worse as he watched Charlize walk out of the room with Harry Potter, a scowl etching onto his face mirroring the scowl that graced the brooding face of Severus Snape.

Charlize and Harry followed a rather short man to the trophy room, Cedric, Fleur, and Viktor having already been there. Charlize smiled as she waved at Cedric over excitedly, receiving a wide smile and wave back. She went to stand next to Cedric, the older boy giving her a side hug and ruffling her hair. But he stopped when he noticed a silver chain hanging around her neck, hidden under her sweater.

          "You going to tell me about that?" Cedric asked with a laugh, pulling the chain out completely. His eyes widened as he held in a laugh at the sight of the ring.

A silver snake coiled on itself with emeralds for eyes that were no doubt genuine emeralds, it didn't take a genius to figure out who the ring belonged to.

          "Never mind, I've figured it out."

Charlize blushed as she shoved the necklace back down, into her shirt, "Shut up, Diggory, or else I'll hex you."

          "You couldn't hurt a hair on my head, darling." Cedric smirked, shoving the girl gently.

Charlize shook her head knowing it was true, Cedric had become a good friend of hers, the two became closer after they were both chosen for the tournament. Cedric, recently seeing the girl as a younger sister and Charlize seeing him as an older brother.

Cedric continued on giggling at Charlize's blushing angry face, the red shade getting deeper after each time he mentioned Draco's name. Unfortunately, his fun was cut short when a woman in a nearly holographic green outfit introduced herself as Rita Skeeter. Charlize and Cedric gave each other a look, both having heard of the infamous journalist.

Charlize couldn't hold in her snorts as the eccentric woman walked around to each champion, fluffing up Cedric's hair and holding Harry far too close for comfort. It was Cedric and Harry's turn to fight their laughs when she looked toward Charlize, not saying anything only letting out a gasp of excitement as she grabbed Charlize's face with both her hands.

          "You!" Rita exclaimed.

          "Me!" Charlize mimicked with the slightest tone of mockery.

           "Charlize Lupin! How incredible! The girl who was raised by an angry, moody, Severus Snape. The apple of his murky eye, his reason for waking, only for people to find out... your father... is Remus Lupin, the vicious werewolf!"

           "Well, actually I prefer Snape and, wait how did you kno-"

           "Alright let's kick off the interviews shall we?" Rita cut off the girl as she walked away, a green quill going after her.

           "Let's start with the youngest." Rita concluded as she grabbed Harry and shoved him out of the room.

          "Poor bloke." Cedric muttered.

           "Don't be jealous Ced." Charlize laughed.

Cedric looked at her with disbelief and a hint of disgust but couldn't find the words to respond so Charlize continued, "No use in hiding your feelings, love bug, I could see your blush from a kilometer away."