Things I Never Should Have Done

Charlize sat with her Gryffindor scarf wrapped around her enough times to reach up to her nose, the snow outside falling neatly atop her head and Taylors and Cedrics. The three friends had gone to Hogsmeade, talking about the ball.

           "You can come next Saturday for dress shopping with Hermione and I right?"

          "Yeah of course, I'm thinking of a form fitting mermaid." Cedric spoke seriously.

Taylor and Charlize laughed as his serious demeanor crumbled into a fit of giggles.

         "Yeah, I can make it." Taylor nodded after the laughs died down.

Charlize smiled, "Perfect, I'll ask Luna too."

Her friend nodded in agreement before giving her a pointed look.

          "So... who are you going with."

          "Oh, we know who she's going with." Cedric gave a suggestive look to Charlize making her laugh.

           "Draco asked me. Well I asked him but I was just being impatient." Charlize answered bashfully, the gaze being too intense.

Taylor smirked triumphantly, "Of course you did. And of course he was going to, he's a gentleman."

Cedric gave her a weird look, not thinking she was actually serious but deciding on not questioning it.

           "And you? Anyone ask?"

Before Taylor could answer Cedric's expression grew to one of annoyance, "Yeah, tell her who you're going with."

She seemed to not notice the change in his attitude as she leaned over him a bit with a beaming smile as she answered.

           "Oliver."

Charlize thought for a moment before her mouth fell into an 'o' shape.

           "Oliver Wood? Isn't he a bit old?"

Taylor grumbled as she gave Charlize a dramatic annoyed look, "What is with you two, it's not like we're getting married. It's just one ball."

           "Seems like the type..." Cedric said to himself after Taylors last comment, but of course with the close vicinity both girls heard.

Charlize laughed at Cedric's face, his disgust clear. Taylor gave him a firm shove, making his face split into a smile as he laughed. Taylor even started to giggle at the implication, soon all three of them were winded from laughing so hard.

           "What about you Ced, who are you asking?"

Cedric sighed as he leaned back onto the back of the bench, "I don't know... I was talking to Cho Chang earlier, she seems lovely. I might just ask her."

            "That's the spirit." Charlize said sarcastically, knocking her shoulder into his.

           "No, it's just I had someone else in mind but it's not looking too promising at the moment." Cedric said quietly.

Charlize gave him a look, knowing who he was talking about but kept quiet knowing better than to spill the beans right then and there.

           "Alright," Cedric said as he stood up, the two girls standing with him. "It's late, I think it would be best if we went back."

Taylor nodded, crossing her arms over her chest to keep in as much warmth as she could. Charlize stalled for a moment, toeing the snow before declining the offer.