chapter 12

Sleeping in is wonderful.

Sleeping in with Harry's warm body in his arms is even better.

Sleeping in with Harry's warm body in his arms and sharing lazy kisses is the best.

With his nose slotted with Louis', cheeks touching, lips easily moulding in unison, Harry nibbles on Louis' top lip. Fingers linked between their chests, Louis' free hand falls over Harry's waist, exploring the expanse of his naked back. He can feel how his skin prickles, and how his stomach jumps when he reaches the place just beneath his ribs where he's ticklish. He is the softest.

"I love you," Harry whispers, placing another sweet, sweet kiss to his mouth. "Love you," he exhales, moving in to give a second one to his chin. "Love you." He gently presses another to the corner of his mouth.

Louis inhales quietly, humming sleepily as he feels his lips attach to the skin beneath his jaw. His lips are soft and plump, silent and light.

"I..." Harry murmurs, "love you."

Louis' hand flattens out against his spine. He pushes him closer so their stomachs rub, their laced fingers jammed between their chests. He once again lets his hand trace over his skin, sliding over every softness, blemish, or knot. Harry could do with a proper massage... he breezily mulls over, pressing two fingers into a spot in his back where stress has gotten to him. Harry grunts in slight discomfort under the pressure of his hand.

Louis shuffles down slightly, burrowing into the curve of the younger boy's shoulder. "I love you," he breathes. "Very much..."

"Love you, a lot." His hand sinks into the hair at the nape of Louis' neck, tenderly tugging on a few strands. "You smell good."

Louis giggles into his neck. "You're lying," he whispers slowly, and sucks a bitey kiss into his throat. He briefly considers leaving a mark there.

"You smell like booze and cigarettes, yes," Harry grins, humming, "but also like your cologne, and my perfume that you always steal even though we're fighting."

Louis' eyes widen just a bit. "You don't know about that...!"

"I've always known about that, Lou."

"No," he groans. He has been stealing his perfumes since he was sixteen. "You don't know about that."

"Okay... I don't."

Louis leans up and reattaches their lips, eyelids fluttering as Harry's candied lips wrap around his, tongue poking at his mouth.

"Haven't even brushed your teeth..." He doesn't move away. Harry sucks another soft one to his lips.

"Sorry," he whispers, a smug smile playing on his face.

"Did I say you were allowed to quit snogging me?"

"No, you didn't..." He gets a French kiss this time, and he instantly falls into it, inhaling through his nose as Harry's hand tightens on his neck.

There are five hard knocks on the door.

Sleeping in has made them late.

Louis' eyes open in shock, Harry's surprised eyes staring right back at him.

"What time is it?" Harry asks. Louis only looks at him uncertainly.

There are three additional knocks on their door. "Guys!" calls Jack's voice. "Wake up! Or I'm coming in! You're thirty minutes late."

It takes Louis a second to remember, but when he does he shoots up into a sitting position. Harry is already a mess tangled in the sheets, reaching for his phone. They're meant be papped at a nearby café for breakfast, and the photographer for Jeff's magazine is surely already there waiting.