chapter 4

It's been a week since Louis arrived in L.A. It's Friday morning, ten o'clock. With a yawn he stretches out on the large bed, where he is already splayed out in the middle. His own back home doesn't allow him to impersonate a star without his fist knocking into a wall or a leg ending up in the air, off the furniture, but the bed in the room Harry has given him is more than up for it. Louis hasn't even unpacked, simply moved his suitcases, and he has still spent more time in Harry's bed than this one. After being apart, sleeping by Harry's side is probably the most soothing, and he is certain his best mate feels the same.

He doesn't think Harry is up quite yet, and Louis probably would have slept longer, too, if it weren't for his bladder, full and pressing against his prostate, causing him to sport a large fucking boner. Because, yes, despite being on the asexual spectrum he does get hard. It's biology. It just doesn't happen through lust on its own.

He has caught pals wanking off before — he has a scarring image of Stan, still hovering like Satan in the back of his head — and he has heard their moans or groans, or whatever, as they get rid of their problems, but for him it's not like that. For him, it's the quick, clinical, getting it out of the way way. He knows it can be nice, and even giving someone a handjob can be quite pleasant, if it's the right someone. But without that someone to bring the actual pleasure from it out, rubbing one out is pointless and boring. Sticky fingers and a disgusting chest is not nice, and neither is it 'worth it'. He almost shudders. So not worth it.

He gets up and heads into the shower, and then proceeds to get it over with under the warm spray. The water washes the come off him instantly, his shoulders sagging. Maybe one day he will find someone to enjoy this with. It's beginning to feel a bit hopeless, to be entirely honest. His mum keeps saying love will happen when he least expects it, but after two and half years of nothing he can't be blamed for being a bit pessimistic. If it does happen in the next few months it will have to wait, though.

He hadn't even thought of that until this point. Wow. He presumes he can't actively try to see people for the time being. He isn't typically active on the dating scene, but it isn't like he doesn't meet people. He supposes it's fine. It's not as though he will have any sexual urges in need to get rid of while the stunt lasts. He hopes any potential futuristic boyfriend isn't American, and won't be popping up out of nowhere before September.

He gets dressed; jeans, t-shirt, a pair of sunnies hanging from the neckline. He skips the socks, as the Californian warmth is hell at the moment, and opts to roll his jeans up his ankles, enough to let half his spider web tattoo peek out on his shin.

The past week has been a bit... not dull exactly, but 'laying low' doesn't entail the most exciting of adventures. According to Jeff, who checks in every other day with updates, the media is as expected still hot on the story, and tabloids and magazines are perpetually asking questions. Since the statement Harry's reps issued last week - which didn't give much information to the public at all - the speculations about Harry's 'very close friend' have spiralled in all sorts of directions, and Louis has now acquired several new identities. There is the secret boyfriend, and the random mystery one-night stand. Also the very platonic friend, the close friend 'wink-wink', the rare cousin, and lastly the 'friend who might actually starting to become more?', which is a thought apparently often attained by a particular, large group of fans.

The activity in Louis' Twitter mentions is still quite aggressive, despite laying low since the tweet about their pizza dinner last week. Normally Louis' mentions would cease in a day or two after a quick mention by Harry somewhere, but this time the fans don't relent. They are still seeking some sort of confirmation or denial, none of which Louis can give. He always used to ridicule the press on Harry's behalf - when he was able to - and now Harry's fans seem to be confounded, especially when Louis is part of the story.