Chapter Two

Anastasia's POV

"And if you want any extra pillows, I can grab some."

"Thank you. Um I have a question," I looked down timidly.

"Yes?"

"I saw... I saw Draco step onto the train. Is he here at Hogwarts?"

She chuckled. "Ah I see. Here to rekindle old love, are we? I know you two were just children but I really- well... I really thought you two were a permanent pair. Inseparable. And I must say... there was a time... when you and your two friends returned to the school- the day the battle started- I was sure there was a suspiciously large stomach on you."

I paused. I hadn't spoken of the baby to anyone since I told Draco that it was gone. "There was. Um apparently babies can't survive the Cruciatus Curse."

She breathed out. "Oh I see... back to your question, he is at Hogwarts, yes. He's our Potions Professor. Honestly, could you ever see him doing anything else?"

"No. No, I couldn't. I should probably tell my son that I'm here."

"Alright, I'll leave you to it. You know your way around. I'll announce your arrival at dinner. Wait outside the Great Hall. Ah before I forget!" She stepped towards me, raising her wand, and a spark of light shot from it. The clasp of my bracelet popped open and it slipped onto the floor.

"Thanks, Headmaster."

"Please, you're all grown up. Call me Minerva."

"Well, thank you, Minerva. For everything." She nodded and exited the room.

I walked out into the hall and looked through the crowd of First Years for my son. "Dorian!"

He had been laughing with a few other kids and then his face dropped when he saw me in the hall. We made our way to each other. "What happened? Why are you here?"

"Well, as you know, I was a student here. I'm going to be staying for a time. I'll be visiting with old teachers and friends. Things like that. I won't interfere with you."

"Okay. May I return to my friends now?"

"Yes, of course." He rushed off and back to the other students.

Everyone entered and the First Years stood before the Sorting Hat sitting on that old chair. I stood in the corridor. Nobody was pacing next to me this time.

"... and I have a very special guest to introduce. You all may have heard of her. She is an alumna of Hogwarts and is going to be spending some time with us. Here she is: Crown Princess Anastasia."

I walked into the room and all of the children faced me. My breath stopped. It felt nothing like the room of death it had felt like the last few times I had been in there. There had been rubble laying across the ground and whenever I thought of it in my head, I only saw the dead body slamming into the ground. But no, it wasn't that anymore. The sky was in the ceiling again. And the moon was staring at me. I could feel his eyes from the table of professors.

I shook the feelings from my head and continued walking towards Mcgonagall.

Once I reached her I opened my mouth, "It feels like Hogwarts again."

She laid a hand on my shoulder and grinned like I had complimented her proudest accomplishment. "I'm glad you think so. We worked very hard."

She directed me to a seat at the front and I sat down to face the students.

"Now for the Sorting Ceremony."

A few students were sorted. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Gryffindor, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff. Apparently, Slytherin wasn't the shameful house it had been when I attended the school. The bad apples had faded from the bunch after the war.

Scorpius wasn't standing in the group of First Years so I searched the room for him. There he was in a robe with blue lining at the table I had sat at for every meal. He was a Ravenclaw.

"Dorian Manchester."

My small, dark-haired, brown-eyed boy stepped forward and sat on the stool at the front and the hat was placed on his head.

Just as it settled in his hair it shouted out its answer: "SLYTHERIN!"

The table of green erupted. My mouth sat agape as I stared. He smiled and jogged to the table of students who hugged and congratulated him. A Slytherin Prince.