Chapter One

A/N: Hey guys! Welcome back to the story of Anastasia and Draco. If you haven't read the first book, go to my profile and read "Princess Midnight and the Son of the Moon". And if you've already read it, then we'll get right into the story. [Expect a lot of content of their children too ;)]

Disclaimer: I do not own some of these characters or the world in which they live. It belongs to JK Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter series

Draco's POV

I watched her grab my child and cry. Even after all these years, she looked at me the same way. Perhaps it was a good thing that bumble bee wasn't around anymore. From wherever she was watching, she was cursing me out relentlessly.

In the middle of the day, traveling across the platform, through the throng of panicked people, the fresh breath of night filled my lungs once again, but I stepped into the train and the air was gone.

Anastasia's POV

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve as Dorian walked up to me and asked what to do. I instructed him on where to go and I watched his little body lugging the bags into the train.

I backed up a bit and stared at it. I had stood on this platform fifteen years ago, laying against his chest, not wanting to leave. He hadn't wanted to leave me either back then. He wore a sweater and his Slytherin robe at that point, not the suit that I had just seen him... Wait why is he on the train? He passed by the window that I was standing in front of.

I wasn't sure, but the doors were closing and he entered a compartment. I couldn't go back to sit alone in the palace for another thirteen years. I glanced down at my wrist, with the pretty little decoration that had kept me trapped for more than a decade. I didn't want to be a prisoner anymore. So, just as the doors started to shut, I squeezed my way into the train.

I made my way through the nostalgic space.

"Miss Windsor?" The croakier version of a familiar voice spoke behind me.

I turned around. "It's technically Mrs. Manchester now. What are you doing here, Professor Mcgonagall?"

The woman smiled kindly at me, "It's technically Headmaster Mcgonagall now. I had business to attend to with some muggles. I was just about to ask you the same question though."

"I- uh- my son is starting at Hogwarts this year. I wasn't eager to return to my responsibilities at the palace. I was wondering if perhaps I could spend some time visiting Hogwarts."

"Oh my dear, of course I can't deny a princess' request to spend some time in our school. Especially if she's an old friend. Stay as long as you like."

Tears pricked my eyes, but I smiled and tried to blink them away. "Thank you. So uh congratulations on your new title."

"Congratulations on yours."

"Yeah well... thank you."

"Not satisfied with that husband of yours?" She tilted her head.

"The marriage wasn't entirely my choice."

"I see... Would you like to sit with me? Tell me all about the years that have passed?"

I started to nod but then choked on the lump in my throat. Her old hands wrapped around my body and pulled me into her. "Oh my dear girl. I see your heart is tired."

"Nothing, Mcgonagall. Nothing has happened in the years that have passed. I've sat in a room alone, writing letters that won't ever be sent, tugging at a bracelet that won't ever come off and screaming at a child who doesn't even know why I'm so angry."

She looked at my wrists and lifted the one with the small silver chain. "A bracelet that won't come off?"

"It's to block my magic," I sniffled.

"How cruel. Well, we can fix one of those problems right away, can't we?" She led me to her compartment and pulled a textbook out of a bag too small to carry one. "Here we go: magic blockers. We'll sort this out for you."

I sat and talked with her and she studied how to get the bracelet off as the train made its way down the tracks.

Finally, the wheels screeched to a stop. Everyone shuffled out and onto the grassy space, staring up at the castle in awe.

My heartbeat slowed down when I saw it. All of the students and professors pushed past me to get a closer look but my feet were glued to the ground. I breathed in deeply and my mind wondered why there was no bee next to me. There was always at least one blonde by my side at this school.

The woman's hand grazed my back, "welcome home."