"Thank you for caring Mrs Parker, it's all okay." I smile, trying to reassure her as she nods hesitantly.

"Okay darling, keep up the good work, I'm always in my lecture room if you need me."

After leaving the college campus, I decide to make a detour before going home and make my way to The Dough Box instead. Besides wanting a milkshake, maybe Alex would be there with Willie.

I enjoy the silence on the walk, which is soon interrupted by the noise of the skate park and restaurant combined.

I smile as I see Alex and Willie standing together near one of the ledges. I order a milkshake from inside the restaurant before making my way over to them.

"Hi." I say softly watching as Alex's eyes widen.

"Tan, you're out of the house." He says, wrapping me in his arms with a big smile.

"Yeah, I am." My smile doesn't fade when he pulls back away from me, watching his eyes sparkle with happiness.

"Oh, I know you guys have kinda met, but-" Alex says gesturing between Willie and me, "-Tanna, this is Willie, Willie, this is Tanna."

I smile, taking his open arms as an invitation, hugging him before moving back.

"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting you guys, I'm just waiting for my milkshake then I'm heading home. Ordered it a few minutes ago."

"Oh, no worries, gotta get to know his best friend anyways, that's super important right?" I smile at Willies answer as I nod my head.

"I don't know is it?" Alex asks, turning from me to Willie.

"Maybe."

"But seriously Tan, Don't be ridiculous, you're not interrupting! Why don't you stay around for a bit

"But seriously Tan, Don't be ridiculous, you're not interrupting! Why don't you stay around for a bit. Willie was gonna show me this new trick he learnt."

"I- maybe another day yeah?" I watch the worry and sadness in his eyes at my response but he nods in understanding. "Well, you two enjoy, I'll see you at home Al, bye Willie."

I grab my milkshake, waving to the two boys with a small smile on my face as I make my way home, with my earphones in my ears, distracting me from my surroundings.

As I reach the front door, I fiddle in my bag for the house keys, placing them into the lock before pushing the door open.

I step into the house, closing the door behind me as I hear shouting from the TV room, making me furrow my eyebrows, slowly removing the earphones from my ears.

"Luke, this is your fault! I don't know if it's just because you've been too busy with Laura or if you just don't care, but have you even noticed that she's barely left her room over the last two weeks except for classes?"

"I- of course I care. She's fi-"

"If you're gonna tell me she's fine, I suggest you don't finish that sentence. Luke she cared about you so much and you just threw that out like it meant absolutely nothing and for what? Some random girl you barely even know?"

I freeze in my place, feeling the urge to run away and hide, yet my feet keep me glued in place as their words sound throughout the house.

"I know her. I'm doing it for the band Reggie, don't you get that! Laura introduced me to her mom and we're getting signed to a record label."

"Doesn't it occur to you that maybe, just maybe, there are things that are more important than the band?"

"This band is it for us, I didn't do anything to Tanna."

"I wouldn't call hurting her nothing. Luke you walked into the party with her hand in yours and as soon as you saw Laura, you pretended that Tanna meant nothing to you. She saw you and Laura right on top of each other, what do you think ran through her head?"

"Okay and I saw you and her together at the beach."

"So what?"

"So what? I know you like her Reggie."