Chapter 52

Tw: Start of make-out description

Will give a warning before hand
Follow the stars
***

Tanna Carson

"Boys, we're playing Madison Square Garden!"

I couldn't help the happiness that was running through me at the sight of their pure shock.

"We're what?!" Alex exclaimed with wide eyes, staring at Luke who nodded hastily as he moved to sit down on the open chair next to me.

"They just called, we booked the gig!" The exhilaration of the news was evidently sparkling in Luke's eyes as he looked at his two band mates.

"That's incredible! When are we playing?" Reggie asks, placing both his arms on the table as he leans forward.

"Next Weekend." The words left Luke's lips calmly, but I could tell he was anything but calm at the moment.

"Next Weekend?! That's really soon."

"Yeah man, what set are we even gonna play?"

The three sunset curve members fell into a conversation about which songs they were going to play, wanting it to be perfect after knowing there were going to be major record labels watching them.

I zone out of their discussion and turn my focus away from the three of them and onto Willie and Ella instead.

"Nice necklace you got there." I drop my eyes to my hand, noticing the guitar pick resting in between my fingers once again.

"If you couldn't already tell, it's from Luke." The two of them chuckle as I meet their gaze with a genuine smile on my face.

"You guys really are adorable." Ella says and while Willie nods in agreement, I couldn't help the blush that had crept up onto my cheeks. "But I'm still watching him."

"El, you sound like my mom now." I say laughing, turning my head until my gaze rested on Luke who was deep in conversation. "I just don't think you need to worry anymore."

The last words leave my lips a bit softer with a smile brushing on my lips as I remove my gaze off of Luke to look at her.

She nods cautiously, respecting what I had to say even though she was just worried about me being hurt again, but after everything, I think Luke and I are finally in a really good place together.

I feel a hand slip into mine before resting on my lap. I drop my gaze, seeing Luke's hand intertwined with mine, but his attention still completely on his two best friends.

I notice the drink in his other hand, making my eyebrow quirk before turning to face Willie.

"Hey Willie?" I smile at him with hopeful eyes, loving how close the two of us have become since we met. "Could I please have some of your drink?"

"Tan, I'm not sure if that's the best idea." He says chuckling, briefly looking over to Alex while Ella watches the two of us in amusement.

"Come on? It's my birthday...I'll only take a sip."

"I would Tan, but I'd still like to have a boyfriend at the end of the night." He jokes, but I could tell he really didn't want to upset Alex by doing something he already said no to.

I huff, letting a pout take over my lips as Willie apologize softly and Ella continues to laugh at us.

I feel Luke squeeze down on my hand, making me turn my head to face him. His eyes were full of curiosity as he silently asked me If I was okay, clearly noticing the pout on my face.