Chapter 45

Tanna Carson

"You and I both know Alex is going to say something because we're already late."

"Last time I checked, I was the one waiting for you to finish getting ready." He chuckles, leaning back on the bed while watching me intently.

I roll my eyes playfully at him, turning my gaze back to the mirror, before going back to curling my eyelashes. "That looks like torture."

"You want to try it?" I smile, turning around to face him, holding the curler out towards him. "Come here, I can do it for you."

"No thanks, I'm good." I giggle as his eyes widened in shock at my offer, watching him shake his head hastily in disagreement.

"No curling, got it." I say pouting slightly, making his facial expression soften. "Can I please borrow a flannel?"

"Borrow or steal?" He raises his eyebrow in amusement but holds his arms up in defense as he sees the scowl across my face. "Yeah yeah, I'm going."

I laugh softly to myself, watching as he pushes himself off my bed before making his way out of my room and towards his own.

I lean closer to the mirror, running the mascara wand through my eyelashes, stopping as soon as I feel arms wrap around my waist, not wanting to mess up.

He props his head up onto my shoulder, watching me finish up through the mirror before whispering into my ear.

"You're so beautiful eh? You know you don't need any of that." I can't help the goose bumps that run down along my arms at the raspiness of his voice.

"Flattery will get you no where Patterson." I tease, dropping the mascara into my makeup bag before turning around in his arms.

I drape my arms around his neck, letting him pull me right against his body as he rests his hands at the small of my back.

"Who said anything about flattery, just honesty." I feel my cheeks flush red at his words and I can't help but turn my head to the side, trying not to show him the effect he has on me.

I feel his hand gently hold onto the bottom of my chin, his thumb resting on my bottom lip as he tilts my head up to look at him.

He slowly drags his thumb down, tugging my bottom lip slightly as I look up at him through my eyelashes.

"Don't do that." I furrow my eyebrows at his words, tilting my head slightly in confusion.

"Do what?" I ask innocently, watching as his eyes drop to my lips before meeting my own again.

"Look at me like that." I can see the desire in his eyes sparkle as he licks his bottom lip, rolling it between his teeth.

"Oh, I didn't-" As soon as I notice the look in his eyes, my heart starts to race. I try to say something, but he cuts me off, swiftly leaning down to push his lips against mine.

I let my eyes flutter closed, trailing my hands up to the back of his head before tangling my fingers within his hair.

I tug slightly, gasping as I hear him groan deeply in response, feeling him pull me even closer to his body.

He pulls away a bit, giving me a moment to catch my breath while I keep my eyes closed, feeling his breath fan over my lips.

Suddenly his lips are back on my skin, trailing slowly down the side of my jaw.

I stand still as he runs his lips lightly over my neck, feeling completely frozen by his actions. I sigh contently, as his thumb gently brush over my cheek while he peppers kisses down the side of my neck.