Sparks Fly

NORMANI" S PERSPECTIVE

In the middle of Shayla talking, I could hear a horn honking outside. I look out the window, and it's George. I roll my eyes and interrupt Shayla, "Oh shit girl..I gotta call you back George here".

"GEORGE?" she shouted.

"I'll tell you about it later," I said as I hung up the phone. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

When I walked up to the car, George was driving an old school chevy that he obviously put a lot of money into because it looked damn good. He had the top back and was gesturing for me to get in. I hopped in and strapped my seatbelt on.

"I almost left your ass," George murmured.

"Excuse me...What was that?" I asked.

"You heard what I said. Taking all day to come outside, I almost left you," he said.

"But you didn't, Cause you're smarter than that," I said, rolling my eyes.

George cuts his eyes at me, and I notice out the corner of my eye a sly smirk runs across his face. "Oh yea, cause only a fool would pull off and leave you, huh," He said jokingly.

"Damn right," I said, conceding. "Thanks for the ride, though. George, I appreciate it."

George just smiled and nodded his head. "No problem Ms.Normani Brooks."

I blushingly smile. "Why you say my whole name like that."

"I like your name. It's beautiful as you," he said, licking his lips.

I looked away from him, trying to hide my apparent giddiness to his compliment. "You think you so smooth," I whispered.

I was so nervous about being alone with George, but he was very chatty on the way to the DMV, or should I say flirty, which made me relaxed around him.

"So you about to get these L's today, huh?" he asked.

"Yes, finally...I should have been got them, but I have just been so busy." I sighed.

"Yeah, right..your bougie ass probably just like for people to drive you around all day," He said jokingly.

"I mean, it ain't like the people driving me got anything better to do," I retorted.

"Oh yeah," George laughed.

We arrived at the DMV, and he goes inside with me. I told him he didn't have to stay, but he insisted on staying until I was done. He even volunteered his car for the test. I was thankful and took him up on his offer. The DMV was crowded as usual, and the seats were all taken, and the lines were long.

"This is going to take all day," I sighed.

George grabbed my hand. "No, it's not you scheduled to take the test, right? We have to go over there and let them know you're here," he said, pulling me along behind him while pointing to the empty window to the far right of the room.

"Oh...Okay...Thank you," I stuttered.

I signed in and was told my instructor would be with me shortly. "I pray I pass," I whispered.

"Are you nervous?" George asked.

I tried to play it off and hide my nervousness. "Please...I got this. I can drive with the best of them" I snapped my neck and smacked my lips.

"Okay, then Ms.Brooks," George chuckled.

"You're going to let me push your old school once I get these L's," I said playfully but was so severe.