Too Late...(pt.2)

Start from the beginning

The blonde shook the teen from his rant as he pointed to the roof, the figure dipping out of sight. "No one is supposed to be in the school at this hour..."

Blyke raised an eyebrow. "You think it's John?" Arlo nodded. "Oh definitely. Who else could it be?" The red head looked to the building, that uneasy feeling still lingering over him. "Should we at least check it out?"

Arlo looked at him like he was crazy. "Did you hit your head? No! I don't want to deal with any more of his crap than I already have! Besides, if he's on school grounds, Keene will handle him."

Blyke wanted to argue but knew it was probably for the best and instead, nodded slightly.

The two were about to walk back to the dorms when they heard someone cry out in pain.

They looked at one another, their eyes wide.

Before they knew it, the two teens turned back around before running in the direction of the noises.

Arlo huffed. "I swear, if John is hurting people again-!" Blyke looked to the blonde. He didn't know why, but he felt like it wasn't John causing the terror this time. "But what if it's John who's in trouble?!"

He only scoffed. "Who could possibly take down John?!" Blyke remained silent, following Arlo into the school as they rushed through the doors.

Unfortunately, they were about to learn the hard way that even gods were not invincible.

.

.

.

As they made it to the school, they looked around, trying to locate where the sounds were coming from. A crash came from the courtyard followed by another cry echoing through the hallways.

"JOHN!"

The two teens eyes went wide before they sprinted through the school and towards the courtyard.

Everything went unsettlingly silent for a minute before they heard a voice scream out, a voice they knew all too well.

"DAD!!!"

The two teens felt their blood run cold as they sprinted out into the back of the courtyard, the heartbreaking scream echoing in their minds.

What the hell was going on?!

They threw open the doors leading out into the usually barren and bleak courtyard.

But right now, they wished it was barren.

Laying before them was something out of a horror film.

There were craters and ice shards everywhere. Not to mention small pools of blood splattered along the ground.

But towards the wall, surrounded by debris and blood, John sat next to a person laying motionless on the ground.

John had his fingers dug into his head as he cried over the figure, tears streaming down his face.

There was a scorching glint in his eyes as he lifted his head up.

Both Blyke and Arlo looked over as they saw John whip around, eyes on fire as he stared at a man on the other end of the courtyard. "YOU...! F*CKING...SON OF A B*TCH!"

They took notice of the cop standing there, the blood stained knife in the man's hands still dripping with the crimson fluid.

Both of the teens jumped in shock when John lunged and tackled the man and started landing hit after hit, the teen hammering away at the cop under him as he screamed profanities and other various things they couldn't pick up on.