Mango Boba

A/N: a short one shot involving Arlo's reaction to boba.

Looking down at the cup sitting in his hand, the blonde couldn't help the scowl on his face.

Why did he even accept the cup in the first place?

Oh right.

Because John wouldn't let him leave the shop without it!

Seriously, he didn't know how in the wide world Seraphina hasn't tried strangling him yet.

John was impossible to deal with half the time!

Then again, Seraphina was very much the same way...

Arlo shook his head as he recalled the ravenette's insane actions as he attempted to leave the boba shop.

..........................

Arlo sighed as he stood up from the table, sliding a $5 bill onto the surface.

"I just remembered. I have something to take care of. This is for my drink."

As he turned to leave John started getting up, grabbing the second cup with him.

"WAIT, ARLO, TAKE THIS WITH YOU!"

The blonde felt a vein pop in his head as he turned back around.

He didn't want the damn drink!

He didn't like tea at all so what would make him think that he would like boba tea of all things?

Arlo was ready to just tell John off when the ravenette shoved the drink in his face.

"At least take it with you! If you don't like it you can just always throw it away. But I did invite you here for boba tea specifically. At least try it!"

'Are. You. Serious?!'

Honestly, Arlo wanted nothing to do with the damn drink. He just wanted to leave.

He was half tempted to just take the cup and douse John in the cups contents, but that wouldn't bode well for either of them.

But most likely, John wasn't letting him go unless he took the damn cup or smashed it in the ravenette's face.

And unfortunately for Arlo, he had the manners not to make a scene in public.

The blonde grumbled something under his breath before giving an agitated sigh. "Alright, fine!"

He snatched the drink from John before leaving the shop, the bell chiming over his head as he walked out.

He quickly rushed down the sidewalk to avoid John tailing him.

..........................

Arlo huffed as he stopped by the bus stop, waiting for the next one back to his apartment.

As he sat there, cup in hand, his curiosity started to peek him.

He wasn't lying when he said he never had boba tea before.

It was just something that he never really wanted to try before.

Though...Remi and Rei had tried dragging him to a boba tea shop before when Rei was still in high school.

Arlo of course didn't want to go in and when they pushed him into the shop, he retaliated by ordering what else?

Coffee.

Rei had reacted almost the same way as John, saying how ridiculous it was to walk into a boba shop and order a simple coffee.

Rei had pouted and swore that one day, he would get the stubborn blonde to try the amazing drink.

Arlo eyed the drink in his hands, the electric male coming to mind.

Honestly? Rei and John were quite alike in some ways. If Rei were here, he and John would probably hit it off immediately.

And they would both want him to try the damn drink.

Right now though, the blonde was half tempted to just throw the drink out.

He had no use for it and he could feel the condensation dripping down the side of the cup and over his hand.

As he was he was about to though, something that John said came to mind.

'You know, you remind me a lot of Sera back when I first met her.'

Really now?

He reminded John of Seraphina of all people?

He almost wanted to laugh.

The two were nothing alike!

Unlike her, he could actually get out of his comfort zone and try things sometimes when it interested him.

He wasn't nearly as uptight as the magenta haired girl and unlike the old her, he didn't mind trying something new when he was invested in it.

'So then what's stopping me right now?'

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

He almost wanted to scoff at how ridiculous this was.

"I can't believe I'm doing this..."

Arlo looked down at the cup in his hand before sighing, taking a sip. 'If Rei could see me now, he'd laugh his *ss off...'

The blonde's eyes went wide as the taste finally settled in.

He didn't normally like mango. The fruit was too bitter for his taste so he wasn't fond of it to begin with.

But something about mango mixed with boba...

He looked at the drink in his hand, almost surprised with the cup.

He was expecting the drink to be just as bitter and tasteless as the fruit but it was actually quite sweet.

It still had a bitter taste to it but it wasn't as harsh as he expected.

'It's...actually not half bad.'

The blonde decided to just casually sip the cold drink as he sat by the bus stop.

It was weird, especially with the tapioca bubbles, but not in an awful way.

The more he drank it though, the more he found himself liking it. Though, he would still put it under coffee.

Nothing would ever top coffee for him. But...this wasn't a bad alternative.

He drank it as he sat at the bus stop and even as he got on the bus to head back home for the day.

By the time he got back to his apartment, he was kinda disappointed that the cup turned out to be empty.

'Damn. That was actually starting to grow on me a bit.'

He threw out the cup but couldn't help the thought.

Maybe it wouldn't be a terrible idea to stop by again at some point?

It wasn't like it was an awful distance away and it seemed like a decent place to be at.

'Hm...I can just stop by every once in awhile.'

All the blonde knew was that if either John or Remi found out his newfound enjoyment of boba tea, he'd never be able to live it down.

So, he'd just keep it to himself for now.

End.