You're Not a Monster

A/N: a short story in which John and Seraphina face each other.

It would be a battle for the ages.

There in the West courtyard, history was about to be made at Wellston.

It was like witnessing the embodiment of light and darkness, of good and evil face off against one another.

The gods would be battling today and it was a sight to behold.

Two evenly matched God tiers fighting?

It was a rare sight, one that hasn't been seen since a certain blonde battled an incoming freshman and was dethroned as Wellston's rank one.

Only, it was not the king fighting with the queen.

It was the ace fighting the joker.

The two stood facing each other on opposite ends of the pavement.

The wind tosled their hair and clothes from side to side as they stared one another down.

The once fallen angel found the situation almost ironic.

They once stood back to back as friends, ready to take on the world together.

Now, they faced each other as enemies, as opponents who only valued their pride.

But deep down, she wished it wasn't like this.

She wished he was still by her side, still ready to kick *ss and show everyone he wouldn't grovel at their feet.

But she didn't know if there was any part of that old him left, if there was anything they could salvage.

It was probably too late anyways...

The two gods could feel all eyes on them from the windows.

Everyone was waiting.

They were all waiting to see what the ace would do, to see if she could take down the tyrant king.

News had spread quickly of Seraphina's ability returning after a few mid tiers tried to pick on her.

Originally, the king had said nothing to her personally about the situation, saying if Seraphina wanted her title as queen back, she would have to face Remi.

But Seraphina had said this wasn't about becoming Queen.

This was something personal.

When confronted, John had turned her away, not wanting to waste his time with another argument. But the ace cornered him, demanding to face him for the title of Wellston's rank one.

She hated having to challenge him. But how else was she supposed to get through to him?

He wouldn't listen to words. So maybe, he would listen to violence.

It's all he's been doing and all he's wanted, right?

Well, now he's getting his wish.

Not wanting to just put up a front, John obliged, meeting her after school once classes had been let out for the day.

John paid the crowd no mind, but Seraphina on the other hand could see his discomfort as the teens seated by the open windows chanted down into the open courtyard, their voices echoing by the hundreds throughout the enclosed space.

"Down with the Joker!"

"Down with the tyrant king!"

"Down with the monster!"