The Hogwarts Express

𝐽𝑈𝐿𝐼𝐸𝑇-

I was nervous when I woke up the morning of September 1st.

I hadn't thought much about hogwarts in the recent days, mostly because when I wasn't indulged in something I was arguing with either Sirius or Regulus, it often depended.

I got dressed in what I'd call comfortable clothes, I didn't really care what I looked like on a train, but no one likes to travel in tight clothing.

I finished packing up my things, robes, books, money. Practically everything except the things that weren't all that personal, I'd be back on Christmas after all.

Unfortunately.

The moment I walked downstairs I was pummelled with shouts from Mrs. Black.

"Go change out of that ghastly outfit!"

"You look disgusting!"

"You represent this family! Change, now!" She shouted finally after I stood there staring at her blankly.
I rolled my eyes and turned around on the stairs, walking back up to my bedroom and opening up the large wardrobe.

Merlin knows a corset wouldn't be a nice choice for a train ride, but I decided I would wear one if it meant pleasing Sirius's mother at least until the train had left the station.

I wondered what the hell she even meant by "ghastly" I thought I looked fine in what I was wearing.
I took out a rather plain black dress, it had a wide neckline and ridiculous flowy skirt, which wasn't exactly my idea of train comfort; but I'd already decided, I would just change on board.

I put that on along with a corset that was meant to lay on top, All was well until I couldn't tie up the corset myself.

I groaned in annoyance, I should've thought about the fact that corsets were a two person job.

I didn't want to ask for help but I knew I'd have to and since I wasn't about to ask Regulus, I went with the other slightly more tolerable option.

"SIRIUS GET IN HERE" I shouted almost as shrillingly as his own mother.

He showed up in my doorway about 30 seconds later wearing a white collared shirt underneath a horrid red formal vest.

Apparently Mrs. Black thought they were royalty because everyone seemed to dress like it.

"Took you long enough" I muttered.

"I'm here now, What do you want"

I sighed "Can you help me lace this"

He regarded me a moment and then smirked, realizing that I truly was in need of his assistance.

"What's the magic word" he asked me, picking up a corset sting before dropping it.

I looked at Sirius behind me in the mirror as if I was going to kill him.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yes, I am Sirius last time I checked"

I rolled my eyes, but he just kept waiting

"Fine, Please."

He soaked in the word as if it truly were magic, it felt like a surrender to do so, I made a note never to say please to him ever again.

"Ah there it is, yes since your being nice today, I can indeed help"

𝑆𝐼𝑅𝐼𝑈𝑆-

I wasn't going to make it obvious but she looked Seriously beautiful in that black dress. I walked towards her and grabbed the back of the lacey corset tightly.