Fireworks and Festivals

𝐽𝑈𝐿𝐼𝐸𝑇-

The first half of November was a wreck, and the reason was none other than Sirius Black and James Potter.

They went on a " prank-a-Pelouze" as they called it.

I suppose James thought it was a brilliant way to celebrate Sirius's birthday, which ended in more drinking than pranks.

17 was a big deal, supposedly. In their eyes, Sirius was an adult now, Remus and I knew that was far from the truth though.

I wondered if they knew how much trouble they could get in or if they just thought themselves to be immune to things like consequences.

one morning as I was sitting on the sofa reading, James and Sirius were tucked away in the corner laughing hysterically.
And that's when Remus Lupin came running into the common room, still in a towel from his morning shower with turquoise blue hair
Even I couldn't help but laugh.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DID YOU DO TO MY HAIR! THIS BETTER BE REVERSIBLE!"

It wasn't reversible.

Professor McGonagall had to transfigure His hair back to brown personally because all of the students who tried just seemed to just make it worse.

And then a few days later all the door handles to the professors offices had mysteriously been turned into port keys, professor Dumbledore was not amused when he found himself in front of the Eiffel Tower when he tried to leave his office one morning.

James and Sirius were on a rampage, first years were terrified for their own safety.
I couldn't blame them.

I tried to stay as far away from them as possible but they still managed to change every single robe of mine purple.

"JAMES! SIRIUS! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY ROBES!"

"Wow Crescent purple is definitely your colour" Sirius nodded from the couch.

"How about I make it your colour!"
I pulled my wand out and jinxed Sirius's robe to flash rainbow colours all day.

But the worst one was when they somehow managed to mess with the enchanted ceiling, the stars in the night sky projection now read "Sirius and James rule" at all hours of the day, even if it was day time the clouds would spell out their names instead.

Professor McGonagall couldn't even punish them for most of the pranks because they were evidently untraceable back to James and Sirius, all she had was suspicion.

Although they did get detention for the ceiling.

Dumbledore was still trying to fix that one, I feared it would say James and Sirius forever.

Despite the fact that I had kissed Sirius, not once, but twice! I was beginning to regret it, purely because his pranks were so infuriating that I debated
Throwing him off of Gryffindor tower.

Thankfully the dyed robes were all that happened to me, I couldn't say the same for Peter who's teeth had grown 5 times the size in his mouth and was now staying in the hospital wing.

I got back at Sirius by bribing the house elves with all my purple laundry to stop supplying bagels in the great hall for the month.

Lily and I even snuck into James and Sirius's dorm early one morning and took James's glasses, which isn't the most extravagant prank but James is super blind without them, watching him fall down the stairs in the morning was priceless.