The last train ride.

𝑆𝐼𝑅𝐼𝑈𝑆-

Remus was packing my trunk for me, he did it every single year.
I wasn't complaining, i always hated the prospect of packing away all my things only to return back home to see my incompetent family.

The school year was coming to a close, the past few weeks had been a haze, exam week had come and gone, and surprisingly I'd managed to pass
Juliet would be in her dorm at this moment, packing, just as we were.

"We're going to be in 7th year when we come back in September Sirius" Remus exclaims, purely to cure the silence that had filled the room, James said I'd been glum recently and absolutely no fun but I don't know what he expected, I felt like a dark cloud had been settling over me the past few days.
"Yep, and everything will go back to the way it was." I said moodily.

"Come on Padfoot, it's going to be our final year, perhaps you'll join the Quidditch team and James might actually shut up for once"

Maybe I would, I thought It might be a good thing to throw myself into. But at this time, All I could Think about was the possibility that everything that had happened this year would be lost in memory, frozen in a place I could never return too, unreachable.
Who knew what Juliet was going to do when she reached Canada, she had a life there before she'd met us, and I'd had a life here before I'd met her, granted it was empty and tormenting in comparison, but it was good, I was happy, at least when I wasn't around my family.

"Everything's going to be different now" I said to Remus, as I twirled my wand around in my hand, a nervous habit I have always had.

"Yeah, it is. But you can't do anything to change that, you can't shut the book before it's over, there's a new chapter coming." Remus explained cryptically.

"What does that even mean!" I said, flopping back on my bed.

"No idea, but I think it means that things change. You can't stop living just because it's happening."

"You know Remus, your Shakespearean tactics, no longer work on me" I told him defensively

"That wasn't even Shakespearean-"

𝐽𝑈𝐿𝐼𝐸𝑇-

"Jules, are you alright?" Lily asked as I piled clothes in my trunk, burying the memory box beneath the items.

I'd blanked out for several minutes, trying my hardest not to cry. It had felt like just yesterday that I was falling from the sky onto Sirius's street, yelling at him about my stupid pet dragon.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I said, raising my thumb across my face to catch the few tears that were beginning to fall.

Lily walked up behind me, placing a hand on my back, being sympathetic per usual

After a moment of her rubbing my back gently, I gave up the truth.
"No, I'm not alright, I don't know what to do with myself." I admitted, feeling stupid.

"go on." She responded, her hand rubbing my back.
I let the tears fall, feeling like an idiot for crying over packing my trunk.

"I want to stay Lily. But I have to go, I don't want to put you all in danger." I said

"What do you mean?" She questioned

"Regulus, he told me...the dark lord means to kill me, I can't stay. I want too, more than anything."

Lily pulled me into a kind hug, she had the best hugs, like a mother's, I figured that one day she'd make a good one.

"It's alright, we're not going anywhere."