You're Compicated.

𝐽𝑈𝐿𝐼𝐸𝑇-

When I awoke on Sunday morning I rushed down to the great hall to meet my friends who were no doubt already inhaling their breakfast and bickering over something stupid as they always were.
When I reached the hall, the only students around were the 4 boys, Lily Evans, and a few Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw kids.

I sat down in the empty seat next to Sirius, he had his head down against the table, he was probably extremely hung over and not in the mood for conversation so I began to talk to Remus.

He looked nervous, he kept glancing down at Sirius and then back at me.
I finally found out why when Sirius raised his head letting out a grunt of annoyance as he stared up at the gloomy ceiling. Maybe he was trying to make me angry, or he hadn't noticed. But upon his neck were 3, no..., 4 Hickeys.
And I knew very well that they hadn't been from me.

I didn't expect the feeling that washed over me in that moment. It was hard to experience. As I sat in the great hall, That heart aching, nauseating feeling that makes you want to throw up or collapse right
there fell upon me like a asteroid.

The kind of feeling that blurs your mind and plugs your ears making you feel as though you just dipped your whole body underwater.
And you're trapped. Trapped within your mind with only your thought as every single worry comes to the surface. I couldn't even look at Sirius who clearly wasn't phased, engaged in a conversation with James, ignoring me completely.
The last thing I heard before it happened Was Lily Evans asking
"Juliet are you alright? You look rather green"
And that was it.

𝑆𝐼𝑅𝐼𝑈𝑆-

I felt Juliet sit down next to me without a word, my head had fallen down against the table as soon as I'd sat down, I racked my mind trying to remember whatever happened last night, neither James or Remus had mentioned anything so far, but I could feel Remus's gaze upon me.

I could feel it all morning. That worried me, I only get black out drunk when I'm upset.
Or as James calls it "the Sirius Black-Out"

Unfortunately, the only thing I could vividly remember was the way Juliet pulled my brother out of the portrait hole by the wrist.
I did not recall her coming back.

That thought made me angry, it made me want to ask Juliet how she could be so cruel, it made me want to strangle my brother.
The rational part of my brain, the part I typically buried seemed to be screaming
"What reason would she have to do such a thing! Juliet Crescent is not like that!"
Did I listen to my brain? No. I let my anger consume me in what felt like forever while I just thought to myself. James began to talk to me. I'm not sure what he was saying, I wasn't really engaged.

Lily had asked Juliet if she was alright, apparently she looked a little sickly.
I didn't know, I wasn't looking at her.
I couldn't look at her. I knew if I did, just by looking in her eyes I'd be able to confirm my suspicions.

Suddenly Juliet fell backwards off the bench with a thump, landing flat on her back, eyes closed
My heart took over, actually it dropped, and I turned quickly.

"PROFESSOR MCGONAGALL!" I shouted.

The teacher who was sat at her chair at the head table reading some essays stood up with a start, running towards where the fallen girl lay.

"Juliet!" Remus shouted running to lean beside her.

My anger seemed to dissipate when my stupid heart took the wheel, she'd just been sitting there, and now she was passed out.

"Stand back!" McGonagall shouted, ushering us away.
McGonagall waved her wand softly over Juliet's face and she woke up with a dazed expression.

"W-what?" She questioned.
And then she saw me leaning over her and those earthy eyes widened immensely.