𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

"Okay, follow the stream to the waterfall. It's right there. It's got to be on the banks."

The group was huddled in the library, looming over a map of school campus, trying to find the old Indian cave.

"I don't know, it's starting to sound dangerous." Cameron still apprehensive about the meeting.

"Then why don't you stay home." Charlie, as always, fed up with Cameron.

"Come one Cam, it's still technically on school campus, everything should be fine." Luna excited out of her wits for the meeting.

There was a feeling of freedom and risk that made her feel full of adrenaline, something she has not felt in a long time.

"For God's sake stop chattering and sit down." All of them took their respective seats on the table and opened up a textbook by random and started to stare at it.

Charlie took a dart next to Juno and leaned in closer. "You excited for the meeting?"

Juno smiled at the thought, "Of course, after all, what's life without a little risk."

Charlie smiled, "You are the girl of my dreams."

"Shut it Dalton."Juno glared while she flushed and looked back down on her book.

Neil sat down across from Juno and gestured to the rest of the group, "Just spoke to Todd and he doesn't feel comfortable speaking during the meetings. Is that okay with the rest of you?"

All of them agreed, all of them except Cameron that is.

"Neil that's not how the dead poets society works. It's against the rules."

Dixie kicked Cameron in the ankle under the table and scoffed, "Who cares? If Todd doesn't feel comfortable speaking than he shouldn't have to speak. Of course he can join."

-

Back in the dorm Luna and Juno were slipping into their pajamas hoping to get at least a few hours of sleep before the meeting.

"Isn't it thrilling? Sneaking out after hours and running in the woods?"

Luna was lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling. Not acknowledging much of what Juno was saying.

Juno sat at the side of her friends bed, "What's wrong, for these past few days you seem to be out of it."

Luna sat up and hugged her pillow near her chest, "I have just been doing some thinking and I realised something,"

"You know how you and Charlie always flirt and every now and than it alludes to sexual innuendos that make your cheeks flush red and stuff?"

Juno nodded, confused what her friend was alluding to.

"What if I don't feel that way towards anyone. What if the thought of it happening to me or the thought of sexual intimacy makes me sick to my stomach. Is that normal Juno?"

Juno's eyes softened and realised what Luna was talking about. "Who is to say what is or isn't normal? If you feel it, it exists . As long as you feel it, it's valid and just know that no matter who you think you are or how you feel, I'll be by your side as your friend ok?"

Luna smiled and gave her Juno a tight hug. "Thank you for understanding."

Juno shook her head, " No, thank you for trusting me and telling me."

"Well, come on, we better get some sleep now, because something tells me we won't be getting much of it later."

Luna chuckled as she turned to the lamp they had between their beds, "Alright, goodnight Juno."

"Goodnight Luna."

-

Soft knocks were heard from their door,signaling for them to wake up and sneak out of the school.

Juno groggily walked over to the door and opened it slightly.

Knox leaned in near the crack of the door, "Hurry up and get ready, the coast is clear."

Juno woke Luna up and they hurriedly put on their coats and grabbed a flash light.

Ready for the first dead poets meeting.

They followed the boys up until the top of the stairs case that lead to the front door until Luna started to feel more awake and realised something was missing.

"GUYS WE FORGOT DIXIE AND DION!" she exclaimed in a hushed tone.

The whole group mentality face palmed as they realised that in their sleepy state they almost left two members behind.