𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮

The next day at school wasn't very easy for any of them.

They were constantly falling asleep during class and barely taking any notes, not even paying attention to much of any of their classes.

All except English of course.

"A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. And don't use very sad, use," Mr Keating pointed at Knox gesturing him to answer.

"Come on, Mr. Overstreet, you twerp."

The boy looked at he's teacher with exhausted eyes, "Morose."

"Exactly! Morose."

Dion turned to her left and threw an eraser at the poor boy's head.

"What do you want?" Knox clearly annoyed.

"You're a twerp!" Dion exclaimed, chuckling to herself.

Knox's only reaction was a scoff and attempting to throw the eraser back, missing amazingly, hitting another student instead.

Dion laughed and pointed at the embarrassed boy, "twerp."

"Now, language was developed for one endeavor, and that is? Mr. Anderson? Come on! Are you a man or an amoeba?" Mr Keating stood in front of Todd and met the young man's fear filled eyes.

"Mr Perry?"

"Uh, to communicate."

Mr Keating rolled he's eyes and gestured to the young women sitting in the classroom, "No! To woo women."

Charlie turned to Juno, "Does language woo you me lady?" He tried he's best British accent while intimidating who Juno thought to be Romeo.

"With that line delivery? no."

It seemed that Juno hadn't gotten over her annoyance with the boy from last night. She hadn't given in to any of his pick up lines or means of cheering her up.

"Today we're going to be talking about William Shakespeare."

The class had immediately let out a collective sigh. Shakespeare was line upon lines of stories and poem written in old English, almost impossible to decipher.

"I know. A lot of you looked forward to this about as much as you look forward to root canal work. We're gonna talk about Shakespeare as someone who writes something very interesting."

Class was marvellous. They laughed and joked around with their teacher while reciting Shakespeare. Understanding finally what the poet meant. His words were no longer indecipherable lines of ancient English.

Near the end when everyone had settled down Mr Keating stood on his desk looking down at his students.

"Why do I stand up here? Anybody?"

Charlie ever the class clown, "To feel taller."

"No! Thank you for playing, Mr Dalton"

Turns out according to Mr Keating, standing on the teacher's desk makes you see life in a new perspective.

"You see, the world looks very different from up here. You don't believe me? Come see for yourself. Come on. Come on!"

One by one they stood up from their desk and went over to Mr Keating's each admiring the different view of the classroom.

"Don't just walk off the edge like lemmings. Look around you."

The last of the students jump off the desk, Dixie even jumped off twice.

"He really has a way of teaching us doesn't he Meeks?" Dixie felt like she admired her English teacher more and more everyday.

When she was in Midtown, none of her Teachers there could engage her as well as he did, they never made her this willing to do them proud.

"Now, in addition to your essays, I would like you to compose a poem of your own, an original work."

The class groaned. Despite him being their favourite teacher he still had to give out homework. Mr Keating laughed at his students groaning and flicked the lights on and off while chanting ominously.

"That's right! You have to deliver it aloud in front of the class on Monday. Bonne chance, ladies and gentlemen."

Just as Todd was about to jump off the desk, Mr Keating stopped in his tracks and looked at his student. "Mr. Anderson? Don't think that I don't know that this assignment scares the hell out of you, you mole."

Mr Keating flicked the light off, leaving Todd to jump off the desk in darkness.

The class laughing.

Luna didn't really feel like it was appropriate to laugh. Todd seemed to really have a problem with public speaking or just speaking to people in general. She never asked why since it seemed like a touchy subject for him.

It was obvious Todd was terrified about the aspect of speaking in front of the class.

Luna wanted to help him with that problem after all what are friends for?