𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓮𝓷

After school activities.

Exciting for the boys. But for the girls...not so much.

Almost none of The Midtown girls attended either of the after school activities Welton offered them.

They were only given two choices.

Home economics and sewing class.

Was Nolan serious? Cooking and sewing? And just to pour alcohol on the wound, the boys were not allowed to sign up for either.

They hired two female teachers to teach girls skills needed to be homemakers and prohibited boys from learning the basic skills of surviving outside of school without their mothers.

Brilliant.

Juno was walking around campus with her favourite book in one hand and a snack in another.

She sat down a big tree and stood in the middle of the courtyard, right in front of the lake the kayaking team practised.

It is truth universally acknowledged , that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.

Juno read the first line of Pride and Prejudice and all she could think was , "Huh."

It reminded her of Charlie. He was the sole inheritor of a billion dollar inheritance with his father being a oil tycoon and all.

He had to be in search for the future Mrs Charlie Dalton.

And to be honest most girls would give up almost everything to be with a guy like him.

Rich. Respectable. Handsome. Charming.

What's not to like?

But Juno knew that he didn't actually like her. He was just having fun playing a game. When the game was over and she gave in, he would ignore her and get sick of her.

Guys like him think a 'no' or a 'fuck off' means try harder or that she's playing hard to get when she really does just want him to leave her alone.

Juno has seen Charlie with his friends. He's a genuinely decent guy who cares for them and would do anything for them but whenever he was with her, she would hate him with every fibre of her body.

Why did he act the way he did around her?

Why couldn't he just take a hint?

"What're you reading there doll?"

Speaking of the devil.

"Hi Dalton. Aren't you supposed to be practicing?"

Charlie shrugged and took a seat beside Juno, a seat that was a little too close for her liking.

"Coach gave us a break."

Juno nodded and immediately put her attention back to her book.

"Are you gonna start small talk with me or not?"

Juno stared up and glared at him. "Look Dalton can't you just leave me alone? I clearly don't want to talk to you. I'm not in the mood."

Charlie furrowed his eyebrows and turned to her. "What's got you in such a mood these days?"

Juno threw Charlie a glare and got up, briskly walking away.

Charlie grabbed her by the wrist and stared at her with confusion in his eyes.

"Look Dalton , i don't hate you. Far from it but why can't you just be you around me? You're a great guy with your friends so why can't you just be Charles Dalton with me?"